Can you manage 7 a day ?

I cant believe that 5 a day has now increased to 7 :o

I cant manage 5 never mind 7

will you struggle to get your 7 portions in

infact today I haven't even managed 1 :(

how many have you managed today ?

According to QI, 5 a day never had any scientific basis. They choose that number because they thought that it was the highest amount of fruit and vegetable portions that we'd eat. In France I believe it's always been 7 a day.

Just ignore all these so called experts. Next week they will be saying that too much fruit is bad for you.

Just eat whatever takes your fancy, but keep it in moderation. If you fancy a bit of chocolate or a glass of wine or lager then have it. just don't overdo it.

I've eaten something over 7 today.

Breakfast was 100g of blueberries with natural yoghurt and seeds

I had an apple mid morning

lunch was home made chicken and vegetable soup with loads of celery, carrot, onion and leek, followed by an orange

a banana mid afternoon

dinner was a home made toad in the hole with a big pile of carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and green beans

snack a few minutes ago was a handful of prunes.

So if you don't count any of the vegetables in the soup then that's 9.

I've eaten something over 7 today.

Breakfast was 100g of blueberries with natural yoghurt and seeds

I had an apple mid morning

lunch was home made chicken and vegetable soup with loads of celery, carrot, onion and leek, followed by an orange

a banana mid afternoon

dinner was a home made toad in the hole with a big pile of carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and green beans

snack a few minutes ago was a handful of prunes.

So if you don't count any of the vegetables in the soup then that's 9.

wow medusa that quite an achievement......everything sounds delish

apart from the ............ prunes :gag:

I have at least 7 most days but probably more fruit than vegetables/salad...supposed to be the other way round, they've decided.

You definitely feel more energetic if you eat more fresh fruit and veg and less stodge/fat/refined carbs.

it is a load of nonsense. Yes fruit and veg are good, but this is the sort of statistics led 'advice' that can only be disproved as it is based on ridiculously poor underlying studies.

What counts towards five a day? Apparently a can of Heinz beans (with sugar, salt and the like) does. They should just tell people to make sure that they get enough veg in their diet and don't just live of kebabs and frozen pizzas.

it is a load of nonsense. Yes fruit and veg are good, but this is the sort of statistics led 'advice' that can only be disproved as it is based on ridiculously poor underlying studies.

What counts towards five a day? Apparently a can of Heinz beans (with sugar, salt and the like) does. They should just tell people to make sure that they get enough veg in their diet and don't just live of kebabs and frozen pizzas.

We are bombarded with adverts for everything that is bad for us

and then told what an unhealthy nation we are ............ it gets my goat sometimes

Looks like the bottoms falling through with global warming, like it did with AIDS, bird flu, cigarettes, it looks like these research units need a new cause to get their grants with :hihi:

Archived