Pensioners protest

Great news... free travelling passengers to continue clogging up the public transport network during the rush hour commute and other local authority services to be cut to fund it.

Politicians never change. Even in austere times they will find the money to buy votes when there is an election on the horizon. Pathetic.

Always best to ensure the brain is engaged before operating the keyboard!

Check your facts please!

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 16:01 ----------

I agree. If you or I want to go to Leeds on the train for the day it will cost us over £10 and we'll have to stand all the way because the scrounging pensioners will have bagged all the seats. They already get a third off the fare with their railcards so it beats me why they're getting so worked up about having their handouts withdrawn.

I think you may be a dyslexic satanist...

...you certainly worship the drivel!

Swami, you owe me a new keyboard. :lol: :lol:

Taking a swig of my cup of tea, and reading that comment at the same time aren't at all a good mix! lol

If Nigel Farage had Tweeted something like that the likes of you would have had a field day with it, accusing him of making fun of dyslexic people. :roll:

If Nigel Farage had Tweeted something like that the likes of you would have had a field day with it, accusing him of making fun of dyslexic people. :roll:

Clutching at straws here Alan!

An intelligent person who wasn't trying hard to score a petty little point would have seen that I was poking fun at the post I replied to.

Surely you have something better you could be doing with your time...

I agree. If you or I want to go to Leeds on the train for the day it will cost us over £10 and we'll have to stand all the way because the scrounging pensioners will have bagged all the seats. They already get a third off the fare with their railcards so it beats me why they're getting so worked up about having their handouts withdrawn.

I was wondering how one person could say so many stupid things in one day, then I realised You must get up early

If you choose to stand when there will still be empty seats, its your choice. Also if you have a friend, you too can get a third off travel with a two together railcard. Mind you would somebody who sees pensioners as scroungers have any friends?

The only thing I will say, is that the pensioners have got half price rail travel in South Yorkshire, and disabled people got it for free. I am disabled but I was willing to pay half price for my train fare, but pensioners seem determined to get free train travel, and if I was them I would quit whilst I was ahead. If disabled people paid half fare, then SYPTE would not have to subsidise any money to Northern Rail

They are not criminals as they haven't been convicted

A criminal is someone who partakes in a criminal act. Whether they're convicted of that crime or not.

By your reckoning if I were to take someone's life in cold blood and not be tried and convicted then I would not be a murderer. :|

• 2 weeks later...
A criminal is someone who partakes in a criminal act. Whether they're convicted of that crime or not.

By your reckoning if I were to take someone's life in cold blood and not be tried and convicted then I would not be a murderer. :|

A pensioner refusing to pay to go on a train, and a murderer are two completely different offences, one is a crime which carries a punitive sentance and the other is a civil matter carrying a fine. Anyway June 8th and the disabled can travel free, and pensioners half price. Small victory!

Archived