Rat digging under paving help

hi got metal shed on pavings and paving sinking because rat digging under. Bought rat repel, its plugged inside shed but not helping at all spend 40 pounds for it. Any suggestions?

Mix cement, Flour, Sugar and Baking Soda in equal portions, but it in plastic bottles round the shed, rats will eat it and die.

Agreed but the alternative is disease and filth. Get rid as soon as is possible in any way possible.

I don't like rats - happy to gas and bash them (they die quite well) Happy to shoot them too or set terriers on to them - but I wont use poison, they are sentient beings and it's just too harsh for me.

I don't like rats - happy to gas and bash them (they die quite well) Happy to shoot them too or set terriers on to them - but I wont use poison, they are sentient beings and it's just too harsh for me.

How's that work then? :huh:

How's that work then? :huh:

Put smoke in hole with a smoker. Rat runs out. Terrier catches rat and shakes it head until neck breaks. Very quick. sometimes the rat is killed by the bite of the terrier. Much the kindest way of dispatching vermin. Bit like foxhunting.

And if you did that to a fox I bet everyone would be up in arms about it....

And if you did that to a fox I bet everyone would be up in arms about it....

I don't do it to foxes, but plenty of people do to keep them under control

---------- Post added 02-04-2014 at 23:09 ----------

Just hope they aren't those 2 foot long rats some people have been reporting....

That's a big rat!. James Herbert springs to mind

I

That's a big rat!. James Herbert springs to mind

Yes! It put me off my tea:

Rats as big as cats are roaming the streets of Birmingham. The city had 5,100 rat alerts in the past year and pest controllers reported seeing one rodent which was 2ft long and the "width of a brick". Bad weather is thought to have increased the number of call-outs by forcing the monstrous creatures indoors.

(It was from the Daily Star though, as reported on the BBC news website)

Archived