Bowling Alley ~ Sheffield Lane Top?

Firth Park bowling alley,Its still there..

Never new there was one at Sheffield Lane top though.

I thought there was one down at the old cinema that became the discount shop underneath the carpet store?

there used to be one at intake near frechville

yes, it was a bingo place, at one time, too, and it's a snooker club, these days. There's also a Bowling alley at the top of handsworth.

Call anyone recall any staff at Firth Park in the early 80s, and where they are now. Manager Pete Doyle, Assistant Pete Rimmington, Pat and Pauline Sharon on control Sue and Dave Irvine, Thanks Penny.

Can't remember names but went to Firth Park Bowling Alley for first part of my stag night in March 1968. Then on to nearly pub!

• 2 months later...
I thought there was one down at the old cinema that became the discount shop underneath the carpet store?

yes, it was a bingo place, at one time, too, and it's a snooker club, these days. There's also a Bowling alley at the top of handsworth.

There has never been a bowling alley at Sheffield Lane Top . The discount shop is actually under what used to be a supermarket originally (70`s) Hillards, at one time there was also a Library here . The bowling alley is in Firth Park , and was built in the mid sixties on the site of the Paragon Picture House .

Was (still is) there a bowling alley near Sheffield Lane Top in the 1970s?

yes it's still there and doing well there are 3 or 4 in Sheffield now . my niece and her friends often go to firth park. and lots of people have birthday bashes there as well as hen nights and stag nights

Archived