Afghan Elections

The elections are underway in Afghanistan. Do people think we will see the Afghans rejecting the Islamist approach following their experience with the Taliban? Or is their religion just too engrained for them to see it is what holds them back?

It will also be interesting to see if they manage to keep electoral corruption under control, which was reportedly widespread last time. They have apparently introduced some measures like showing photo ID before voting but I'm not sure they have really understood the concept... see here.

Interesting to note that the State has employed 15 thousand women as temporary armed police officers to help oversee the elections. The concept of photo ID seems to be lost on you zamo..the women will be inspected by women officers.

I really hope that the elections are fair and just, I really fear that even if they are fair and just it won't make a lot of difference for the country. Iraq hasn't actually prospered despite fair elections.

One of the things I have learned from all these recent (civil) wars is that sometimes it is just better to leave things be.

I really hope that the elections are fair and just, I really fear that even if they are fair and just it won't make a lot of difference for the country. Iraq hasn't actually prospered despite fair elections.

One of the things I have learned from all these recent (civil) wars is that sometimes it is just better to leave things be.

Where do you think life in the UK would be like if we hadn't had the English civil war.

Has anyone ever called you a tw**?

Yes you do it quite often, probably because you are very insecure and think it will some how make you feel better about yourself.

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 14:27 ----------

Not a clue, do you?

Nope but one possibility is that we would still be ruled by a monarch and not an elected government, not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing though.

Archived