Afghan Elections

Yes you do it quite often, probably because you are very insecure and think it will some how make you feel better about yourself.

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 14:27 ----------

Nope but one possibility is that we would still be ruled by a monarch and not an elected government, not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing though.

Considering the pattern in our part of the world that would have been unlikely, it would have changed sooner rather than later.

Are you arguing that because in history civil wars have led to changes to civilisations over time we should let this be the means to provoke change in this modern age?

I am genuinely not sure, it might be, but it is an incredibly high price to pay and I would much prefer alternatives, whatever they may be. This is probably one of the biggest issues facing us as an ever globalising society.

Are you arguing that because in history civil wars have led to changes to civilisations over time we should let this be the means to provoke change in this modern age?

I am genuinely not sure, it might be, but it is an incredibly high price to pay and I would much prefer alternatives, whatever they may be. This is probably one of the biggest issues facing us as an ever globalising society.

The afghans are the only people that can sort their problems out, and if it takes a civil war then that is what it takes, our interference is unlikely to solves their problems.

Yes you do it quite often,.

Evidence which you'll no doubt produce. I do on occasion inform you of how moronic your claims/post are but sometimes it's difficult to keep up with your vast inventory of usernames fakeboy.

Zamo claimed in this case the Afghans didn't understand the concept of ID cards by showing a link with card carrying niqab and burqa wearers as some sort of cheap shot. It was very simple, newly appointed female police can search and identify regardless of what they chose to wear. They weren't specifically given powers to search niqab and burqa wearers because those 2 types of clothing are the norm. Obviously with your frenzied hatred of anything Muslim it's not surprising you followed with your own cheap shot.

Women in Afghanistan like here have the right to be searched by a female officer, especially if it's intimate. Now go away and play your freaky hate games elsewhere.

Evidence which you'll no doubt produce. I do on occasion inform you of how moronic your claims/post are but sometimes it's difficult to keep up with your vast inventory of usernames fakeboy.

Zamo claimed in this case the Afghans didn't understand the concept of ID cards by showing a link with card carrying niqab and burqa wearers as some sort of cheap shot. It was very simple, newly appointed female police can search and identify regardless of what they chose to wear. They weren't specifically given powers to search niqab and burqa wearers because those 2 types of clothing are the norm. Obviously with your frenzied hatred of anything Muslim it's not surprising you followed with your own cheap shot.

Women in Afghanistan like here have the right to be searched by a female officer, especially if it's intimate. Now go away and play your freaky hate games elsewhere.

In many areas the women were issued photo id without a photo and there is little to no checking in most rural areas where they are more strict. It is also worth pointing out that 21 million voting ID cards have been issued... Although the country only has 12 million eligible voters. I think it is fair to say they don't really get the concept of ID cards.

Don't know why you're spitting feathers. The criticism of Islam isn't as if its unfair. It ruins countries and I am genuinely interested to see if the Afghans will turn their back on it and vote for the secular candidates... although I confess to not holding out much hope.

I think the problem with Afghanistan is that for the last 500 years or so it has been run via tribal,Religious and self imposed royalty.

Democracy is a pretty new concept and even then the top ministerial posts were held by royal family members and, following subsequent coups, by military leaders.

Like Iraq with its religious parties, whilst there are so many different groups vying for leadership and not accepting the leadership imposed by democracy it will never work.

I'm quite surprised that like Ireland, India/Pakistan and Israel we haven't just imposed partition to solve the problem.

Not that they worked.

I just gave you the reason for the female police officers, the fact that you took offense and got all abusive about it, is your problem not mine.

In many areas the women were issued photo id without a photo and there is little to no checking in most rural areas where they are more strict. It is also worth pointing out that 21 million voting ID cards have been issued... Although the country only has 12 million eligible voters. I think it is fair to say they don't really get the concept of ID cards.

Did you ever ask yourself that the cards may serve as ID without the concept of them only being used in voting polls? Or..it's a newly introduced system that isn't going to go online and working instantly despite Zamo's procrastinations?

The ID initiative is an American one with a 25 million input plus US training. Do you think it likely they'll invest that much with the vision of identifying the odd Afghan?

Don't know why you're spitting feathers. The criticism of Islam isn't as if its unfair. It ruins countries and I am genuinely interested to see if the Afghans will turn their back on it and vote for the secular candidates... although I confess to not holding out much hope.

I wasn't splitting feathers, I pointed out your crass humour at ID cards and certain apparel as somehow polar. Iranians carry compulsory ID cards for many differing reasons, the fact that the niqab and burqa is also a norm isn't the primary object of the ID. You on the other hand seem to think it is..if not, why bother with the smart boy link? The US and France have an ID structure, are you suggesting because both garments are worn in both countries that their ID structures are inoperative, or is it the French and US government haven't understood the "concept"?

I just gave you the reason for the female police officers, the fact that you took offense and got all abusive about it, is your problem not mine.

No you didn't. The female officers were commissioned to assist female voters in their quest to vote un-intimidated, not because female voters wear the niqab or burqa...wearing those garments is a given and traditional in the same way certain sections of our society like yourself wear Nike t-shirts over a beer gut. :roll:

Tut tut. Swearing is an automatic ban. Unless you are one of those who creep around the mods?... We'll see...:hihi:

I see..the "I've got fa to contribute" so I'll try to precipitate a ban. Well done Frank. You t.w.i.t.

Archived