Subsidised travel for people on benefits.

Another one bitten by the green-eyed monster, I see. You should have a word with Mark, he's got plenty of ideas how to have the cushty life.

Pardon? That makes no sense to my post and is quite rude.

when I become too old or sick too work I will not rely on benefits but on the wise investments I Have made in my life through my own hard work. I have never had to rely on others and don't intend to. I have worked hard all my life so don't expect me to feel guilty for what I have achieved.

We all work 'hard'!

This is the Tories favourite word at the moment.

You had better make sure you don't get Senile dementia in your old age. They will soon whip your houses off you to pay for your care.

We all work 'hard'!

This is the Tories favourite word at the moment.

You had better make sure you don't get Senile dementia in your old age. They will soon whip your houses off you to pay for your care.

What world do you live in? We don't all work hard at all.

Three of my friends are claiming benefits and have absolutely no intention of working hard any time soon. Two of them sell drugs and the other gets by doing odd jobs (perhaps 5 hours a week) and getting money from his parents.

It is an utter fallacy that all people on benefits are hard workers, or that they want jobs. In my extensive experience (growing up in a benefits household, surrounded by huge unemployment) the majority of claimants aren't bothered about being in gainful employment.

As said before if you are on JSA you can get your fairs refunded for certain interviews. Fortunately you dont need Marks permission.

Phew! Should the occasion ever arise, thank God for that.

---------- Post added 08-04-2014 at 20:42 ----------

Three of my friends are claiming benefits and have absolutely no intention of working hard any time soon. Two of them sell drugs and the other gets by doing odd jobs (perhaps 5 hours a week) and getting money from his parents.

It is an utter fallacy that all people on benefits are hard workers, or that they want jobs. In my extensive experience (growing up in a benefits household, surrounded by huge unemployment) the majority of claimants aren't bothered about being in gainful employment.

Nice choices there mate.

To be fair, very few people do assert that all people on benefits are hard workers. People usually think along the 'workers vs shirkers' opposites.

Forgetting that plenty of people in paid employment skive and rely on the hard work of others; and lots of people on benefits are currently in, or were in paid employment; and many more volunteer or are carers.

We've all got different ideas about what defines hard work, but I often think about cleaners who have 3 or 4 part time jobs to make ends meet, or carers that selflessly put their own life on hold to look after others -

Archived