Info on a log burner wanted please

hi im wanting to fit a log burner but dont know where to start to see if my chimmney on my house is suitable , who would come out to look at this job (a plumber?) , i did have a gas fire in my front room onto a adjoining wall to my neibour , the flue goes up through the brick work then comes out into the loft and goes to a 6" what looks like aspestos pipe then exits through a ridge tile.

, can i have a log burner oon a internal wall? any help would be great

hi im wanting to fit a log burner but dont know where to start to see if my chimmney on my house is suitable , who would come out to look at this job (a plumber?) , i did have a gas fire in my front room onto a adjoining wall to my neibour , the flue goes up through the brick work then comes out into the loft and goes to a 6" what looks like aspestos pipe then exits through a ridge tile.

, can i have a log burner oon a internal wall? any help would be great

From what you have described I think you have a standard class 2 flue only suitable for a gas fire you really need a proper brick built chimney another way to do it is to create

One using stainless steel pipe give Richard dean or Ian Stafford a call they both know the job inside out.

Archived