6 Taliban with one bullet.

Congratulations to soldier who took the shot with his L115A3 sniper rifle. At a distance of 930 yards, saw the trigger for a suicide bomb on the torso of an approaching terrorist, took the shot exploded the bomb, took out five others in the explosion.

Good shooting.

Congratulations to soldier who took the shot with his L115A3 sniper rifle. At a distance of 930 yards, saw the trigger for a suicide bomb on the torso of an approaching terrorist, took the shot exploded the bomb, took out five others in the explosion.

Good shooting.

The same sniper, with his first shot on the tour of duty, killed a Taliban machine-gunner from 1,465 yards (1,340m).

That's amazing shooting, I know they use advanced sights, but to target someone from nearly a mile away is unbelievable!

That's amazing shooting, I know they use advanced sights, but to target someone from nearly a mile away is unbelievable!

I used to shoot 2 inch groupings at Totley range regularly - that would mean I could comfortably shoot to the required level of accuracy. What's amazing is that these people can do it in a war situation, with targets that are shooting back at the same time..... that's the really impressive thing in my mind.

I suppose that whilst we can rightly acknowledge the professionalism of the soldier and of the weapon he uses, we should also reflect on the death of the suicide bomber and those accompanying him.

What perverted set of beliefs set this man on this course? What is it about mankind that seems to ensure that we have amongst us those whose only reason to exist is there own and others death?

The soldier did his job, he no doubt saved innocents from a horrible death, none the less we should reflect on the pointlessness of some peoples lives and do what we can to turn them from the pointless ness of death and killing to the joys of life and living.

Thank god for the British Army, pray to god for the deliverance of those who today oppose it.

I used to shoot 2 inch groupings at Totley range regularly - that would mean I could comfortably shoot to the required level of accuracy. What's amazing is that these people can do it in a war situation, with targets that are shooting back at the same time..... that's the really impressive thing in my mind.

I'm afraid this is all alien territory to me, the best I've ever fired was a BSA Meteor .22 air rifle which would just about hit a dustbin from 30 yards!

Archived