6 Taliban with one bullet.

Read this story over a week ago. Jolly good shot! Boom!

There was a funny one yesterday in the paper. Some Irish dissident forgot to put the clock on his bomb an hour forward. He was seen staggering away all bloodied up. Hahaha!

There was a funny one yesterday in the paper. Some Irish dissident forgot to put the clock on his bomb an hour forward. He was seen staggering away all bloodied up. Hahaha!
In context, this funny one might never get bettered, I'm afraid!

6 talibs with one bullet? Now, I knew they were making cuts to the Forces' budget, but come on, that's taking it a bit far! :D

6 talibs with one bullet? Now, I knew they were making cuts to the Forces' budget, but come on, that's taking it a bit far! :D

A class he was giving on "proper care and maintenance". :hihi:

He makes science classes seem a lot of fun.

The worst injury I ever incurred in the school lab was singed eyelashes on a bunsen burner. Oh! and we weren't making bombs.:P

At least the stray dogs of Iraq will be well fed for a while.

I suppose that whilst we can rightly acknowledge the professionalism of the soldier and of the weapon he uses, we should also reflect on the death of the suicide bomber and those accompanying him.

What perverted set of beliefs set this man on this course? What is it about mankind that seems to ensure that we have amongst us those whose only reason to exist is there own and others death?

The soldier did his job, he no doubt saved innocents from a horrible death, none the less we should reflect on the pointlessness of some peoples lives and do what we can to turn them from the pointless ness of death and killing to the joys of life and living.

Thank god for the British Army, pray to god for the deliverance of those who today oppose it.

There is little point in doing that when it is God causing all the fighting.

There is little point in doing that when it is God causing all the fighting.

If there is a god, and I have my doubts, then he gave man free will. It is not any god who causes all this it is mans inhumanity and lack of love and respect for his brothers and sisters, no matter what their race color or creed.

Dont blame God, the sin and the solution are ours.

If only the Soviets had been this efficient during WW2, they gave one gun with one clip of ammo to groups of two or three soldiers and told the one without the gun to take it out of the hands of the dead soldier. When they ran out of ammo they were not allowed to come back for more but were instead ordered to take it off the dead comrades all around them.

Although I am fascinated by history and in particular the history of warfare I can't get over the hump that six people were killed, regardless of the method I don't really see a lot of comedy in it.

I can't get over the hump that six people were killed
Combat participants taking out the other side's combat participants in a warzone. Live by the sword, die by the sword. We're not talking cops and robbers in Sheffield centre, or kids in a US college here.

, regardless of the method I don't really see a lot of comedy in it.
Gallows humour, tj. These were bandits/the OpFor's combatants, not ours, so we sure as hell aren't gonna cry. Are you?

I might come across as a heartless bar steward about this, but hey-ho, that 6 less 'humans' up for stoning gays and adultresses, refusing anacademic eduction to girls <etc.>

You'll not see my bleeding liberal heart bleeding on this one.

Combat participants taking out the other side's combat participants in a warzone. Live by the sword, die by the sword. We're not talking cops and robbers in Sheffield centre, or kids in a US college here.

Gallows humour, tj. These were bandits/the OpFor's combatants, not ours, so we sure as hell aren't gonna cry. Are you?

I might come across as a heartless bar steward about this, but hey-ho, that 6 less 'humans' up for stoning gays and adultresses, refusing anacademic eduction to girls <etc.>

You'll not see my bleeding liberal heart bleeding on this one.

Fair enough Loob. I am in a mood due to my work not going well today, it affects my sense of humour somewhat :(

Fair enough Loob. I am in a mood due to my work not going well today, it affects my sense of humour somewhat :(
Must be a work thing, I'm in a (seemingly the opposite-) mood myself, due to clients 'working the system' to try and avoid paying me for my work. That's come completely leftfield, out of the blue.

Sunk hours in it, even some weekend work, plus freebies, got better results than they expected, and now this. There's little that incenses me as much as that. So, I've just given our debt collectors instruction to stop wasting time with mediation and serve proceedings, and am going to take a personal interest in the cases, then kick them hard when they're down in the gutter. Repeatedly. :twisted:

Must be a work thing, I'm in a (seemingly the opposite-) mood myself, due to clients 'working the system' to try and avoid paying me for my work. That's come completely leftfield, out of the blue.

Sunk hours in it, even some weekend work, plus freebies, got better results than they expected, and now this. There's little that incenses me as much as that. So, I've just given our debt collectors instruction to stop wasting time with mediation and serve proceedings, and am going to take a personal interest in the cases, then kick them hard when they're down in the gutter. Repeatedly. :twisted:

It would make my day considerably if some of the posters in this forum turned out to be the client in question :)

Archived