6 Taliban with one bullet.

Tut tut!

Tally sympathiser...

Not a sympathiser I just don't like the way the op is making out that killing 6 people in one go is something to be proud of that's why I posted the fact that the Taliban have beat the score of taking out more than 6 with a single IED.

The Taliban can not be conquered as many wars in that country have found out so I don't sympathise with them but I do admire there fighting spirit.

The great USA couldn't beat them in a ground war nor could the Russians, not bad for a bunch of scrawny mountain dwellers eh.

Not a sympathiser I just don't like the way the op is making out that killing 6 people in one go is something to be proud of that's why I posted the fact that the Taliban have beat the score of taking out more than 6 with a single IED.

The Taliban can not be conquered as many wars in that country have found out so I don't sympathise with them but I do admire there fighting spirit.

The great USA couldn't beat them in a ground war nor could the Russians, not bad for a bunch of scrawny mountain dwellers eh.

The people of Afghanistan are voting in their millions as we debate. Women go to school, they work, they have been made free by the actions of brave free born soldiers of democratic countries.

The Taliban are vermin, like vermin they slink away to their holes when the predator is around, striking at the defenseless when they can and at our troops when their backs are turned.

Afghanistan has been impossible to conquer when the overwhelming majority resisted the conqueror, in this case the overwhelming majority support the democracies, it is the Taliban who seek to impose their will and will fail.

Regardless of what you assume, the point made was the celebration of death and the disgust at it.

Of course as an aside and quite rightly so, showing disgust at anyone strapping a bomb to themselves, is fair game.

The OP appears to be applauding the soldier for his accuracy, and there is nothing disgusting about it. The sniper did his job, did it well and no doubt prevented the deaths of many innocent people, that is something to be applauded and celebrated.

---------- Post added 08-04-2014 at 18:00 ----------

The people of Afghanistan are voting in their millions as we debate. Women go to school, they work, they have been made free by the actions of brave free born soldiers of democratic countries.

The Taliban are vermin, like vermin they slink away to their holes when the predator is around, striking at the defenseless when they can and at our troops when their backs are turned.

Afghanistan has been impossible to conquer when the overwhelming majority resisted the conqueror, in this case the overwhelming majority support the democracies, it is the Taliban who seek to impose their will and will fail.

Nice post well said.

I'm not so sure, the Afghan government (which isn't Taliban but was originally a western puppet while it suited) has been busy passing some extreme laws the Taliban would be proud of.

The OP appears to be applauding the soldier for his accuracy, and there is nothing disgusting about it.

You would have a point if the disgust was aimed at his accuracy. (if you'll pardon the hilarious pun):roll:

The sniper did his job, did it well and no doubt prevented the deaths of many innocent people, that is something to be applauded and celebrated.

Again regardless of what you assume FJ's disgust was at a thread celebrating death. My guess is that jimmy's disgust exists regardless of victims or perpetrators.

You would have a point if the disgust was aimed at his accuracy. (if you'll pardon the hilarious pun):roll:

Again regardless of what you assume FJ's disgust was at a thread celebrating death. My guess is that jimmy's disgust exists regardless of victims or perpetrators.

But the thread isn't calibrating death, its celebrating the accuracy and professionalism of our soldiers and the lifes they saved.

But the thread isn't calibrating death, its celebrating the accuracy and professionalism of our soldiers and the lifes they saved.

So in the case of the six Taliban that were killed you are in agreement that their deaths are not a celebration. Good that you agree, you should have said so earlier.

Archived