Women: do you like some meat on your men?

I think what I like for eye candy and what I like in a partner are two different things. My choice of partner is not defined in terms of physical shape at all- I'm looking for someone who is intelligent, engaging, understanding, empathic and challenging, and it helps if he can make me laugh too. I guess I go for the person, not the container.

Eye candy is a different matter. My choice of eye candy is very tall (tall enough to be taller than me, which is not an easy matter), Scandinavian looking and built like Magnus Samuelsson. However, all of these can be open to negotiation, depending on who I'm looking at at the time ;)

Experience has shown me that picking partners on their eye candy potential doesn't generally produce a good relationship and I'd rather have a partner that (as happened last week) will laugh openly enough that both of us end up corpsed for a good 20 minutes.

I've had quite a few conversations with female colleagues & gay friends over the years about this - many of them quite like their men on the chunky side (though would never describe themselves as 'chubby chasers') - strange then that a lot of magazines have the archetypal 'buff' male models in them, and gyms are growing in numbers with guys perfecting their six packs and perfect pecs.

Personally I don't mind if they're chubby, skinny or obese....As long as they have a pulse ;)

Experience has shown me that picking partners on their eye candy potential doesn't generally produce a good relationship and I'd rather have a partner that (as happened last week) will laugh openly enough that both of us end up corpsed for a good 20 minutes.

I learned that the hard way! Without wanting to stereotype, there is something about beautiful people that makes them... aloof? Not sure what it is. I do wonder though, what is corpsed?

Had to look it up too. From the dictionary on the Mac, corpsed is to "spoil a piece of acting by forgetting one's lines or laughing uncontrollably. Peter just can't stop himself corpsing when he is on stage."

Great word, medusa!

Had to look it up too. From the dictionary on the Mac, corpsed is to "spoil a piece of acting by forgetting one's lines or laughing uncontrollably. Peter just can't stop himself corpsing when he is on stage."

Great word, medusa!

It is indeed :)

She's doing her best ...

Yep she is. On another thread she admits to being active on a dating site whilst in a relationship. Some people would consider that immoral. I think someone would have commented if it was a guy cruising the internet to cheat on their partner.

I think what I like for eye candy and what I like in a partner are two different things. My choice of partner is not defined in terms of physical shape at all- I'm looking for someone who is intelligent, engaging, understanding, empathic and challenging, and it helps if he can make me laugh too. I guess I go for the person, not the container.

Eye candy is a different matter. My choice of eye candy is very tall (tall enough to be taller than me, which is not an easy matter), Scandinavian looking and built like Magnus Samuelsson. However, all of these can be open to negotiation, depending on who I'm looking at at the time ;)

I agree, personality is so much more important than looks! However, you must agree that you need to be sexually attracted to any potential partner? No matter how good someones personality is, you have to fancy them.

Yep she is. On another thread she admits to being active on a dating site whilst in a relationship. Some people would consider that immoral. I think someone would have commented if it was a guy cruising the internet to cheat on their partner.

Oh, I see. I did not know that I had fans. Well, to explain to you. Both of us have activated our accounts already. :) We are kind of seeing each other, but not entirely committed and will marry, because we cannot iron out the small details. Either he wants me to move to the US. I want him to move here to the UK. I cannot afford to not work even if I marry. He cannot afford not to work and be here in the UK either. I wish I met him earlier on in my life. We do get on very well. His mother and my mother are aware of our situations and we still cannot figure things out. So yes, we are kind of slowly being friends again, until we can figure things out. I have not responded to anyone, and nor has he responded to anyone either online. But we are definitely asking ourselves if we can make that big jump to marry, settle down, and have children soon. We have both built up our respective careers for a long while. So this is why.

It is a test for ourselves basically to see if we know what it takes.

In the British way, is this class as a "break" ? To me, I find it a mature thing really, before leaping onto the next step. Bring stability to a child's life, that kind of thing.

I agree, personality is so much more important than looks! However, you must agree that you need to be sexually attracted to any potential partner? No matter how good someones personality is, you have to fancy them.

But guys do not know that "looks" can be changed through clothing. It can indeed. So really, it is indeed about personalities.

I gave him some advice on his new glasses and he looked very suave and sexy. Now he got all cheeky and start checking himself in the mirrors. :| A knuckle sandwich shall go his way soon enough. :love: But he matched his style with mine. I noticed that he did so. :hihi:

Great word, medusa!

I did indeed mean it in those terms :) Charlotte Green is famous for corpsing when she's reading the news on Radio 4.

In our case it was laughing until we were both crying, had asthma attacks and had to go outside to cool down. We were chortling about it for the rest of the evening too :)

Archived