Charity Fun Run - Off road route needed

Hi,

We are looking at putting on a fun run for the Sheffield Childrens Hospital and are looking for a possible route. The event is a cross dressing fancy dress for both Men & Women and ideally we would like to keep it off road so we don't have to liase with police & councils.

It would be good if the route was a short circular say no more than 5k and started / finished a pub. I have approached a couple of pubs like the plough at low Bradfield, The Dore Moor Inn and the Norfolk arms at ringinglow but so far no one has shown any interest. I think this event although in its early stages of planning could be good for the establishment that hosts it.

I have quite a few interested parties who are willing to sponsor the event such as SWFC, Champion Hire, James Bird Landscapes, Arnold Laver but as yet no route and without that we don't have an event.

If you'd like to give us a ring at Sheffield Transport Sports Club we'd be happy to see if we can help you! We have successfully hosted 2 Comic Relief runs and we have an ideal route around our fields which is approximately a half mile circuit. We also have a clubhouse with a bar, so your entrants would be welcome to come and join us for a drink and maybe a post run disco if you'd like one? Our members always enjoy supporting local charities and we'd love to help! Ring 0114 2373216 and we'll arrange for a chat about your ideas.

Archived