Drivers on Mobile Phones

I was surprised I only clocked two this evening. To be fair, no indicators are a massive bugbear of mine but lack of indication is far less likely to injure someone than driving whilst on the phone.

I have to agree on hom many people I see on phones. It seems to be more and more these days. Probably they know the police aren't bothered who only seem to be bothered about speeding. I've seen countless police cars including traffic police drive past people on their phone. It frustrates me as I've paid £400 on 2 of my cars to have blue tooth built in, but seems just to flout the rules!

It frustrates me as I've paid £400 on 2 of my cars to have blue tooth built in, but seems just to flout the rules!

At least you know you are a safer driver by doing that. You are showing consideration for your own safety and other road users.

The ones that are on them while going round roundabouts annoy me the most . Another bug bare is children in back seats without seat belts . I want to jump out and scream at the adults !!!!!:loopy:

I agree. I have a 3 year old and he can be a pain and unstrap himself so I either stop (in a safe place) or ask him to put it back on (I also explain to him why it is important to wear it).

Is is just me or are people using mobile phones even more behind the wheel these days? This morning I spotted 5 people on their phones, either talking or texting. When on the parkway in the morning I can guarantee that I will spot at least 1 person texting. I even spotted someone having a video call whilst behind the wheel last week. :rant:

It really is shocking just how many people openly do it - and as said elsewhere, especially when they're at a roundabout or at a busy junction.

It seems to be more prevalent among van drivers (though not all of course), and especially if texting that's so dangerous.

The video call one, was the phone in hand, or on a cradle - there's no chance it was some kind of phone as a satnav device is there? If not, it's a shame you weren't able to get a picture, as that would surely be classed as dangerous driving?

One thing in favour of cyclists, I don't think i've ever seen one with a phone in hand while riding - perhaps they shouldn't have earphones in while riding (though it's hard to tell sometimes if wearing headgear), but then that would apply to pedestrians crossing the road too.

I have to agree on hom many people I see on phones. It seems to be more and more these days. Probably they know the police aren't bothered who only seem to be bothered about speeding. I've seen countless police cars including traffic police drive past people on their phone. It frustrates me as I've paid £400 on 2 of my cars to have blue tooth built in, but seems just to flout the rules!

Why can't you just concentrate on the road?