Old green driving license True or False?

This wouldn't seem a very bright thing to do - it would be cheaper for Baldrick to pay the speeding ticket.

His brother would get done for driving without insurance (£250) plus a fine and record for TWOC-ing.

and when the truth came out possibly a charge along the lines of perverting the course of justice

I pay my dues on the fuel i buy and the excise duty i pay,the upkeep of the highways i believe comes from my council tax.

And as the old saying goes " i wouldnt want to be in any club that would have me as a member!" ;-)

I respect the rules of the road and am always taxed, tested and insured.

I have a passport and other photo id cards through work.

The entitlement to drive should remain regardless of the photo card status is what im saying.

I pay my dues on the fuel i buy and the excise duty i pay,the upkeep of the highways i believe comes from my council tax.

And as the old saying goes " i wouldnt want to be in any club that would have me as a member!" ;-)

I respect the rules of the road and am always taxed, tested and insured.

I have a passport and other photo id cards through work.

The entitlement to drive should remain regardless of the photo card status is what im saying.

You'll be pleased to know, then, that the entitlement does remain in place as long as the driver has not been disqualified from holding the entitlement.

The offence of having an incorrect address displayed or expired photo card is an administrative offence and, although it is suggested that a fine of up to £1000 can be levied against it, I have not heard or read of anyone ever being taken to task on it in any serious way.

Those who have vocational (truck, bus etc) entitlements do need to be wary of not renewing their photocard, though. The DVLA have been known to forget (having lost computer records) about such entitlements and have returned the late-renewed card without them on. In such cases, drivers have been known to have no option but to re-take truck and bus tests.

So, always copy your licence front and back before sending it off!

---------- Post added 09-04-2014 at 06:25 ----------

Baldrick would have to pay a fine, plus his insurance would be more each year. It was cheaper to pay his brother to take the can.

Nah, you are just making the argument up as you go along.

A "cunning plan" indeed.

When I passed and paid for my driving license I got a green paper license and it was valid until I was 70 years old.

I lost my license a few years later and sent off for it to be replaced. I had to get a new one with the photo id on it. The green ones are no longer issued.

I was told that because I had already paid for a license that was valid until I was 70 that it was my choice if I wanted to participate in updating the new photo id license every 10 years.

It is only compulsory for new drivers to have the photo id license updated every 10 years because they can only have the 10 year license and not the old green valid till you are 70 years old license.

Is the above true or false?

False.

Once you have the new photo license you have to renew it every decade.

You'll be pleased to know, then, that the entitlement does remain in place as long as the driver has not been disqualified from holding the entitlement.

The offence of having an incorrect address displayed or expired photo card is an administrative offence and, although it is suggested that a fine of up to £1000 can be levied against it, I have not heard or read of anyone ever being taken to task on it in any serious way.

Those who have vocational (truck, bus etc) entitlements do need to be wary of not renewing their photocard, though. The DVLA have been known to forget (having lost computer records) about such entitlements and have returned the late-renewed card without them on. In such cases, drivers have been known to have no option but to re-take truck and bus tests.

So, always copy your licence front and back before sending it off!

---------- Post added 09-04-2014 at 06:25 ----------

Nah, you are just making the argument up as you go along.

A "cunning plan" indeed.

Thats the info i was after, thankyou.

Archived