Chippingham Street, Attercliffe

Hi everyone

Is there anyone who has got a photograph of Chippingham Street in Attercliffe that was taken before the SuperTram arrived?

I am doing the family tree/history for a friend who onced lived in the street and I would like to send her a picture of how it looked when she lived there from 1960 until 1980.

She lived at the Shortridge Street end of Chippingham Street at No70. Sadly all the terraced houses were demolished to make way for the Supertram. In fact the city centre end of Chippingham Street tram stop is built right over the site of what was once her front room and carries on down right through the site of her mums house on Shirland Lane. :(

Anything would be appreciated!

Regards

Patrick

(Bournemouth)

hi patrick my dad lived on chippingham street not sure wat number but it was the last house across from hewitts shop and we lived at 87 shirland lane when i was a kid and i am 40yrs old now our name is crofts please pm me if your friend knows us

• 9 months later...

Archived