Ebay charged me twice for a postage label !

I sold an item on ebay about a month ago, I then went on to purchase a collect plus shipping label through the ebay system. when i checked my paypal account i noticed that i had been charged twice for the same shipping label. When i contacted ebay using their "online chat" facility they told me to void the label & they would refund one of the £4.74 within 21 days, so i voided the label. i was not refunded after 21 days so i phoned their "customer support". which is a call centre somewhere on the other side of the world (manila i think). The line was very poor, had about a 3 second delay on the line & the bloke could hardly speak a word of english. After we struggled to understand one another he just told me to "contact the shipping company" So i contacted collect plus, they say "as the shipping label was purchased through ebay & it was the ebay system that caused the problem, ebay has to issue the refund"

So i have just got back to ebay using the online chat facility asking them to refund me. The first person passed me to another department, the second person just ended the chat when they realised that i wanted my money back !

I certainly won't be using ebay to purchase the postage ever again !

This double charging for postage does seem to be a common problem on ebay, so has anyone on here ever had any success getting their money back from ebay ?

Ebay must have the worst "customer service" that i have ever encountered... it's atrocious !

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up of my situation.....

After taking advice from various sources, such as trading standards & citizens advice.. it is generally agreed that it is eBay that should be paying the money back to my paypal account.

So, i have written numourous emails to various departments within eBay, & all have been completely ignored & non have been replied to. I have also phoned the customer services another two times, only to be fobbed off by another 2 people that couldn't, or didn't want to understand english when i mentioned the word "refund". :mad:

Their online chat facility just passes me on to a non existent department & then just closes the online chat !:loopy:

What does it take to get through to these ignorant people ?

Why is eBay allowed to steal money from it's customers?

I would close my account, but there does not appear to be an alternative place to sell stuff... or not one thats really any good... but i suppose eBay already know that, that is why they treat their customers this way !

I have also heard that if they get fed up of a customer complaining too much, ebay just shut down their account with no warning or explanation ?

Please can someone tell me if there is a website that can seriously compete with eBay ?

Please can someone tell me if there is a website that can seriously compete with eBay ?

There's always Amazon but some might say they're even worse when dealing with the small businesses that sell through them!

Just a follow up of my situation.....

After taking advice from various sources, such as trading standards & citizens advice.. it is generally agreed that it is eBay that should be paying the money back to my paypal account.

So, i have written numourous emails to various departments within eBay, & all have been completely ignored & non have been replied to. I have also phoned the customer services another two times, only to be fobbed off by another 2 people that couldn't, or didn't want to understand english when i mentioned the word "refund". :mad:

Their online chat facility just passes me on to a non existent department & then just closes the online chat !:loopy:

What does it take to get through to these ignorant people ?

Why is eBay allowed to steal money from it's customers?

I would close my account, but there does not appear to be an alternative place to sell stuff... or not one thats really any good... but i suppose eBay already know that, that is why they treat their customers this way !

I have also heard that if they get fed up of a customer complaining too much, ebay just shut down their account with no warning or explanation ?

Please can someone tell me if there is a website that can seriously compete with eBay

Firstly you cannot win with ebay, don't use the prepaid things you mentioned. You're not the first to mention that.

Ebay owns other online selling sites as I've discovered, I sell on ebay too and if you look at the community centre it will state it all about the buyer, ebay are not remotely interested in the seller baring in mind ebay makes their profits from sellers as do _Paypal.

Also would you take a small claims against ebay for £4 whatever?

All they will say is if you don't like it close your account ...........

Archived