New Psy Trance Night!

Pink_Moon

My priority is to create a night for people who feel alienated by places like the plug.

Planet Zogg has run parties at Plug for over ten years (amongst many other venues in our 14 year history) and always found it a great venue with management, staff & security who were good to work with and we've had lots of psy acts play there over the years; Cosmosis Laughing Buddha, Deja Voo, Plastic Vibe, Monkey Logic, Far Too Loud, E-Jekt, Re:Creation etc etc We ran monthly for about a dozen years - but we've dropped down to parties a every few months now as we're all getting on a bit & have other things going on!

There are other city centre venues that host dance events - prob best getting hold of a sheffield listing magazine for research and giving a few a ring/visit

If you were after somewhere out of the city centre - there's quite a few venues that run on temp event licenses BUT they're quite in demand and getting a date may not be easy as so many sheffield events are after the very limited dates they have.

Good luck - its tricky starting a new night and doing it in a city you're not from can make it harder - but nothing ventured - nothing gained.

(BTW I hope your business parter is not expecting to make any money out o it - cos there isnt any!)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Mate plug's fine. zogg's been there for years (among other nights with a similar vibe), you never get any knobheads. these nights are usually held in the second room, while the 'main' room holds another (often student) night with a separate entrance.

dls/the night kitchen is one of the better venues too, and i generally prefer this over the second room at plug. they have a few different rooms of different sizes in there too.

i'll look forward to this night getting going.

• 1 year later...

If you check out Planet Zogg or Cymatic Audio on facebook - you'll find out whats going on locally - though you've just missed a couple of parties. Zogg have a party in january - though its not straight psy - they mix psy with techno & breaks