Oscar Pistorius Trial

how is the judge going to know that, when she grew up in a township with intermittent electricity supplies?

:hihi::hihi:

the judge obviously thought Pistorious was not an athlete at all but this incredibly absent minded professor with the ability to overlook the fact that this blonde supermodel was sleeping in the same bed.

Poor people commit murder. Rich people only make mistakes:)

---------- Post added 11-09-2014 at 16:06 ----------

There has been a massive deal made by the media that the judge is both a women and black. She was brought up during apartheid and she was only the second female judge yada yada yada. Not so much on how qualified she is (not saying she isnt) and not much mention of her capabilities as a judge. Quite a lot though on her upbringing and how it influences her judging decisions.

This is increasingly looking like a rigged verdict, there is little evidence of premeditation in regards to written evidence, however the entire story of self defense is highly improbable, for one thing, waking in the middle of the night he had no reason to assume his home was being robbed, a window didn't shatter, there weren't loud startling noises.

The idea he woke up, saw the bathroom light on, and proceeded to reach under his bed, grab a gun and fire without even calling out to the intruder is absurd, when compounded by the fact he didn't even look over to check his girlfriend, the love of his life was in fact safe and okay, it paints a damning picture of events, and increasingly character witnesses describe him as a man quick to anger, and physical confrontation.

This is going to follow the same path as the likes of OJ Simpson and Ray Rice, where wealth and social standing trumps justice.

now you should be seeing why this was such a good story and fully deserved the coverage it got.

just don't hold your breath for there to be this repeat of the LA riots a la OJ Simpson and for there to be much more fireworks than normal in Khayelitsha.

The fact that a single judge plays God and all that implies is subject to scrutiny not praise. Claims of objectivity are subjective, an irony that is obvious.
The Jury system was abolished during the apartheid period wasn't it, probably for an understandable reason at the time.

He's not going to walk away scot free is he? he will be charged with manslaughter, a minimum of 15 years. The judge is not known for giving lenient sentences apparently.

I still question the state of his mind, even though Psychiatrist reports say he isn't suffering from a mental illness, what normal person would fire a gun in a crowded restaurant as he had done a few weeks before Reeva's death.

I'm not sure this might have been pointed out earlier in the thread, but .....

Even had it been that Reeva was safely tucked up in bed and he went and shot an intruder...is that permissible in South African law?....Just because it was someone other than Reeva, would that have been ok....Pat on the pack shot a burglar, good fellow. Yes I know it wouldn't have been pre meditated...Just wondering :huh:

The Jury system was abolished during the apartheid period wasn't it, probably for an understandable reason at the time.

Even though this has been a perverse trial I am not really faulting the absence of a jury system or saying that the absence of a jury system was much to do with the outcome. Only the Americans have this tendency to try to highlight the jury as if it is automatically the best procedure, like it is in the Bible (it isn't). Plenty of European countries have tried the jury system for a while and then reckoned it was not enough. They are not stupid or much more corrupt than anyone else. The jury system has faults too. Especially when half of them come from Khayelitsha.

He's not going to walk away scot free is he? he will be charged with manslaughter, a minimum of 15 years. The judge is not known for giving lenient sentences apparently.

I still question the state of his mind, even though Psychiatrist reports say he isn't suffering from a mental illness, what normal person would fire a gun in a crowded restaurant as he had done a few weeks before Reeva's death.

According to the BBC...

Culpable homicide (manslaughter) - No intention to kill. Takes into account disability, but actions negligent and not in keeping with a reasonable person - Maximum of 15 years, possibly between seven and 10 years

Even though this has been a perverse trial I am not really faulting the absence of a jury system or saying that the absence of a jury system was much to do with the outcome. Only the Americans have this tendency to try to highlight the jury as if it is automatically the best procedure, like it is in the Bible (it isn't). Plenty of European countries have tried the jury system for a while and then reckoned it was not enough. They are not stupid or much more corrupt than anyone else. The jury system has faults too. Especially when half of them come from Khayelitsha.
I agree.

According to the BBC...
I stand corrected, I was accepting some information on that detail from somewhere else.

We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is tomorrow.

I feel sorry for Reeva's family. When the trial first started I was sure he was guilty and I did not think he had a leg to stand on when the prosecution questioned him.

What did a lovely looking woman like Reeva see in him.

I know i shouldnt but :hihi:. Leg to stand on indeed lol. Im in totaly agreement with you about Reevas family. How they have maintained their dignity in the face of that worm wiggling his way out of a murder conviction is beyond me. Having to listen to that snivvling little runt make out he was some sort of victim. Continuially referring to the intruders in his bathroom. The man is sick in the head but hes got away with murder and so Reeva will have no justice and thats a cross her family will have to bare.

What did a lovely looking woman like Reeva see in him.

Attractive man with international status likely to become a SA Beckham? Thing is, if she was obese, ugly and a nobody many on here would be advocating indirectly that he'd took care of someone who was a drain on public health resources.

The gossipy celeb loving vacuous public are a bit like that..dead internally.