Oscar Pistorius Trial

Found not guilty of premeditated murder but could still face a murder charge. Isn't all murder premeditated? i.e. murder. You can't murder someone accidentally otherwise it would be manslaughter.

it is not just about intent. It is about not giving a rat's ass when you do something very dangerous. That is still culpable homicide.

Pistorious obviously convinced the panel that he thought that it was not his girlfriend but someone else behind the door. How can that, possibly get him off murder? Would it be any less of a murder if it had been someone else that got shot and not his girlfriend?

this one is worse than when somebody throws a brick through an inside 3rd floor window for a laugh and it ends up hitting a passer by on the street on the head and killing them, even though whoever threw the brick had no idea they were there. Though even that is serious enough to be considered culpable homicide. It is not just about specific intent. It is about losing it, to such an extent that you don't care whether somebody lives or dies.

So he's not guilty of culpable homicide

13.24 Court adjourns - Pistorius 'negligent'

Judge Masipa says Pistorius "acted too hastily and used excessive force" and was "negligent". She didn't, however, find him guilty of culpable homicide. She has adjourned until tomorrow, when she will deliver a verdict.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/11087281/Oscar-Pistorius-verdict-live.html

The judge said that there was no way he could have known firing into the toilet door 4 times would kill someone standing behind it. I found that astonishing as you only have to see the tiny size of the toilet add that to the fact he was only around 3 meters away add to that the kind of bullets he used and add to that he shot 4 times.

Yeah, how on earth could he possibly know that someone may get killed :rolleyes:

Well if culpable homicide (manslaughter) has already been ruled out, all that's left is 'discharge of a firearm in public, and or illegal possession of .38 calibre bullets (which he didn't have a license for.....Which begs the question why would he have a license for the gun and not the ammunition?)

Discharge of a firearm = A fine or up to 5 years

Possession of illegal ammunition = a fine or up to 15 years

I'm still leaning towards the bicycle riding

If the judge chooses she could jail him for the 3 outstanding firearms charges . I dont think she will though. No i get visions of seeing his smug face all over the tv and papers when he stroles out of court a free man. God i hope im wrong!

You sound like its affecting you.Did it have the same effect on you when Deirdre got jailed? :)