Oscar Pistorius Trial

Its being reported that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence, I saw that harrowing interview with them on TV a few weeks ago and in spite of their grief I remember her father saying "I feel sorry for Oscar"

Throughout this long drawn out trial they've been so brave and dignified. All they wanted was some justice for Reeva, not revenge, its a pity others can't be a little more forgiving.

Its being reported that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence, I saw that harrowing interview with them on TV a few weeks ago and in spite of their grief I remember her father saying "I feel sorry for Oscar"

Throughout this long drawn out trial they've been so brave and dignified. All they wanted was some justice for Reeva, not revenge, its a pity others can't be a little more forgiving.

That being the case hopefully they'll now be left to continue to grieve. I would think because of the focused media attention they haven't had a moments peace. That would also apply to Pistorius's family too I would guess.

?

This looks remarkably like you are saying that 'others' who seek justice, are really just seeking revenge. I don't think that is the case.

What the hell was all the waffling for from the judge?....Trying to justify a crap decision?

When the feminist articles begin to appear, I bet the writers will go out of their way to avoid criticising the (black woman) judge. Or too harshly, anyway.

But she had plenty of room both with the verdict and the sentence, so the responsibility lies with her.

Would have been longer here if he had abused her on twitter :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 13:14 ----------

Such christian charity janie!

The family may be happy but it sets quite a precedent for what is considered to be a punishment for spreading your girlfriends brains out all over the bathroom floor

All things considered, I think the family feel happy (""relieved""}he isn't bouncing on is springs out the door on his way to training - which they must have feared for a great deal, given this idiot judge and the bizarre testimony from recent defence witnesses.

spare some of your charity for the 44 Maricana miners shot dead and the people who did it and ordered it are walking free, not even a trial.:huh:

S .AFRICA!!:help:

Edited by johncocker

Where did you get that information from? The expert on SKY says he'll serve at least 2 and a half years of that sentence in prison.

I think 2 and a half years is not appropriate.

I agree, Mr bloom. I've had harsher punishments for talking in class.

(Nothing but pathetic backside licking sentencing. Proving that if you're a rich white male, in SA, you can buy your own justice!)

#nojusticeforReeva