Oscar Pistorius Trial

I thought having Oscar parade in the court without his prostheses was a disgraceful attempt to win over sympathy for him.

I could not agree more Lex Luthor it was a shameful act by him & his legal team to make him look for sympathy, even without them he was still able to stand and would be able to fire a gun.

I thought Reeva Steenkamp's dad was tremoundously brave, and if there is any justice Pistorious will get a heaveir sentence. He had a state of the art burglar system, which didn't activate he would have known they were the only 2 in the house.

Oh?...Right..Well I knew there were payment(s) of some sort...and that article is from October last year...I wonder 'has it been paid back?'...

You must remember, South Africa is a very corrupt country, with a lot of people taking bribes and backhanders...

I don't know whether you watched the recent episode in this debacle but Reeva's father had the opportunity to discuss this and said he was approached by Oscar's legal representative as Oscar wanted to speak with him. Reeva's father says he did not want this at that time, understandably. Oscar's representative put forward Oscar's offer to pay money to the family, stating it was to remain absolutely confidential. Reeva's father said he did not want the money but given the family circumstances, he was advised to by his own legal representative. He was horrified when this information was then aired in public in an obvious attempt to weaken the case of the family. All further payments were then, apparently, refused by the family.

dont no why its dragging on so much lock this idiot up and throw away key

I don't know why sentencing has now been set for 6 July.

Is this going to all hang on the Judge that was shown to be so inefficient the first time and spoke to defence witnesses terribly?

Edited by Lex Luthor

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone surprised? You have to feel sorry for the Steenkamps in all of this shambles.

They looked shellshocked.

I'm really not a "string 'em up" kind of person, but really? Six years? For murder? On what planet does this make any sense? In a country with a sky high murder rate, what kind of message does this send out? Who, apart from Oscar Pistorius, does this sentence benefit?

"In an hour-long judgment, Masipa said the evidence she had heard convinced her Pistorius was “not a violent person”, was unlikely to reoffend and had shown remorse."

OK, so I get the remorse bit, possibly, and even the unlikely to offend bit, but the "not a violent person" bit? Violent enough to murder someone. What the hell do you have to do to be considered a violent person?!

Edited by Olive

Last time he got sentenced to 5 years for manslaughter and was at home after about one year, so how long this time will it be before he is allowed home after being found guilty for murder ? Does the one year served get knocked off the 6 year sentence ?