Oscar Pistorius Trial

Something the more rational people amongst us worked out http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28080236 He's not even a good actor either

Unless you're a psychologist the "working out" would be a guess. Rational or not anyone can guess.

Interesting point in your link though,...

"If found guilty of murder, Mr Pistorius, who went on trial on 3 March this year, could face life imprisonment. If he is acquitted of that charge, the court will consider an alternative charge of culpable homicide, for which he could receive about 15 years in prison".

If found not guilty he can be re-charged? What if he's found not guilty of "culpable homicide"? When is a man - not guilty?

• 2 months later...
Breaktime in court. Looks like as I suspected. The judge is ripping apart the state's case. She also has said all four state witnesses who heard arguing/Steenkamp shouting before the shots were unreliable.

Im looking forward to the judge ripping into his defence.

I doubt it's going to happen on the same scale.

Well just have to wait and see but ive been watching the trial from day 1. I think his defence is in serious trouble. The only thing that is going to save him is his celebrity status. Hes not going to get done for murder. It will be involuntary manslaughter or similar but his story holds as much water as a sieve. His fake distress and his possession of the bullets that are designed specifically to blow people apart along with his poor me persona and the fact he liked firing his gun off in public then getting his friends to take the blame all point to a nasty little man. Reeva was also scared of him, she said this more than once. Scared of what? I think we now know :(

Well just have to wait and see but ive been watching the trial from day 1. I think his defence is in serious trouble. The only thing that is going to save him is his celebrity status. Hes not going to get done for murder. It will be involuntary manslaughter or similar but his story holds as much water as a sieve. His fake distress and his possession of the bullets that are designed specifically to blow people apart along with his poor me persona and the fact he liked firing his gun off in public then getting his friends to take the blame all point to a nasty little man. Reeva was also scared of him, she said this more than once. Scared of what? I think we now know :(

So have I and I felt as soon as day 1, on the basis of the judge's remarks that she was going to be all for Pistorius and my view was further confirmed each day. She was very rude and tried to put off witnesses for the state, and now, in her summing up she discredits them altogether.

She has also dismissed the evidence that pointed to Reeva being scared.

So have I and I felt as soon as day 1, on the basis of the judge's remarks that she was going to be all for Pistorius and my view was further confirmed each day. She was very rude and tried to put off witnesses for the state, and now, in her summing up she discredits them altogether.

Yes, i noticed that about Reevas fears being disregarded. I was quite surprised at that. Perhaps the judge is a fan of Oscars. He is or rather was an inspirational man on the outside. It would be easy to fall in love with him and his story.

---------- Post added 11-09-2014 at 11:35 ----------

Well. When im wrong i dont mind admitting it and i really do think im wrong. Listening to the judge speak right now, yes its clear shes for Oscar. Some of the things shes disregarding are a surprise.

Yes, i noticed that about Reevas fears being disregarded. I was quite surprised at that. Perhaps the judge is a fan of Oscars. He is or rather was an inspirational man on the outside. It would be easy to fall in love with him and his story.

---------- Post added 11-09-2014 at 11:35 ----------

Well. When im wrong i dont mind admitting it and i really do think im wrong. Listening to the judge speak right now, yes its clear shes for Oscar. Some of the things shes disregarding are a surprise.

OJ Simpson. Michael Jackson. Bernie Ecclestone. We've seen it all before.

OJ Simpson. Michael Jackson. Bernie Ecclestone. We've seen it all before.

Yes, its certainly looking that way. I know hes been found not guilty of murder but seriously, how could it be anything else? His story about the intruder was pathetic. The state tore it to bits but hes not found guilty of murder? I wouldnt want to be a member of Reevas family right now. I have visions of the man getting off scott free then doing the media circuit peddling his sad story with his fake anguish. He makes my skin crawl and to put the record straight before anyone thinks i just dont like him. I did. He was an inspiration and i was a big big fan.