British oak mosborough

morrisminor

so, they had their opening night last night and seems like people enjoyed it. some people on twitter seem to express surprise or regret about the changes....a bit like when the broadfield changed hands. I havent been yet but hoping to get up there soonish.

Anyone else been or planning to go? for those that dont know, the pub has been taken over by those that run the Broadfield, Forum, York, Old House etc.

see here for links http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10393603&postcount=11

• 3 weeks later...

Bear with me first time poster and definitely not related in any way to the British Oak

Have seen comments in the forum about the Broadfield and it sounded OK but a bit iffy to get there so when I read about the British Oak it sounded a perfect chance to try the food from the Broadfield Ale House

Sorry cant help with the beer stocked as I know nothing about beer but the coffee is pretty good.

The place is nice and clean and the young lady who served us was lovely.

We tried the steak and mushroom pie. I think it was £7.50 so not overpriced Great pastry - crisp and didn't have a soggy bottom. it came with mushy peas not a favourite but they were OK.

The 'chips' were dire - to me a chip is golden with a crisp outer and soft inner. These were more like thin wedges and not sure if cooked in oven but they were definitely cooked, recooked and then probably warmed up so they had that funny oily taste and they were brown, I hate brown chips.

The desserts are- oh having difficulty finding a word they are scrummy, delicious tasty and best of all beautifully presented.

Will go again but will look for something without chips,

We really like the place, it's friendly and comfortable, and the food and drink are decent. We have visited over a range of times and it seems to be doing well - couldn't get a table for food on Friday at 5pm, all tables booked out until 8.30pm. I do like the food, it's decent pub grub, but hope they have regular changes to the menu.

Archived