Pub Recommendations

Delayed

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a pub in the city centre please?

I need a place that can cater for 10+ people on Saturday evening serving traditional pub food.

I'm not wanting to go too far out of the city centre ideally.

Any recommendations welcome.

what sort of traditional pub food?

Hop does 'cheap & cheerful' pie & mash dinner for £3.50 (fiver with a pint of Ossett beer)...

or the Rutland does some top quality food (alongside some top beers), but at a price...

Dev Cat is somewhere between the two (both price-wise and geographically), though I can't comment on the quality

or take your pick from 4 McSpoons ;)

Dev Cat would be my favourite for a larger party as it's a decent sized place and has good food. In the other's you might struggle to get a table together. But be aware that they stop serving at 8pm (or at least used to - not sure if that has changed since the Abbeydale takeover)

Onlt problem with eating in a pub on a Saturday night is you're likely to be surrounded by standing drinkers. You could maybe get around this by booking a table in the window at the Old House on Division Street (who also do table service). Or maybe one of the upstairs or downstairs rooms at the Museum just off Orchard Square.

The Three Tuns on Silver Street Head (off Paradise Square, behind Cathedral) is run by the same people as the Rutland Arms, again its not a very big pub but will probably be less busy. Food served until 9pm.

There is also the Old Queens Head behind the bus station that is a bit off the weekend drinking circuit.

Archived