Has anyone ever been to Crufts?

My 11 year old daughter is besotted with dogs and every year has watched Crufts on the tv. A few months ago she asked if we'd take her to see it at the NEC. As mad as we are we decided we'd take her but the older kids are not liking the fact that we're gonna be stuck there for the whole day.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever been and if there's anything else to see or do whilst at the NEC other than sat in the hall all day watching the dogs.

Needless to say my daughter is so excited she can hardly contain herself and went to school today on cloud nine as we are going to tomorrows show.

You can either feel sorry for the rest of us or have a good laugh or give me any ideas as to what else there is to do. I call this love at the highest form as I am preparing to do something for the sake of my daughter.

think your self lucky you have a girl, id love to sit in doors watching crufts.

in stead i get a 13 year old lad that likes me to take him to skate board parks and watch him, freezin cold, thats if im lucky.

football, i have to stand and watch freezin again then i get to go home and clean his kit. YAY.

then theres the lets find the crap in his pocets before they get washed, worms, chewed gum, used snot rag, boucey ball, and that slime that makes a farting sound.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

wanna swap?

Hi we go to crufts every year. We go for the gundogs, which is on Sunday this year. So it will be extremely busy.

As a word of warning. Take plenty of food and drinks ( and money ) because it is very expensive.

It is £14.00 for adults and £10.00 for children entrance. Plus £7.00 car parking before you start.

There are loads and loads of `doggy` stalls to look round and some of the things that can be bought for dogs nowdays is amazing. Diamond studded collars at hundreds of pounds :loopy:

Its a lovely day out but very tiring and busy, we usually go early and leave mid afternoon. It starts 8.30am I think.

Edited to say. Saturday is the Toy and Utility group. And there are over 400 trade stands.

Thanks mabsky, we've already got the tickets, they arrived last week. We were wondering about the food side of things as we're setting off at 6am. Our tickets don't have reserved seating so we were told to be there for when the doors open at 8.15. I don't know if we'll get seating or not with never going there before. I knew it was the toy and utility group on Saturday but it's the best day for us with being back late and the kids wouldn't have to get up early on Sunday.

Is it imperative to get seats?

My Dad goes to Crufts every year, even dating as far back as when it used to be at Earl's Court in London, it's at Birmingham NEC now, and is this week.

He's going Sunday, so I might not be in attendance for the Dev Cat meet due to lack of transport, despite having done the thread for it.

Hi Dibsy,

As far as i`m aware you only have seats if you pay extra to go into the main rings to watch certain events.

The other rings you can just wander in and out and watch stuff as they are going on.

There are 4 or 5 different halls for you to get lost in. You can buy a Crufts booklet as an additional cost (obviously :hihi: ) which has a map in it.

If you have a dog of your own, try not to get too carried away with buying stuff, i`ve found in the past i`ve got home with stuff I could have got much cheaper at the pet shop.

Hope you have a brill day and your daughter will love meeting the dogs, most of the dog owners are lovely and will take time to talk to you, and let your daughter stroke the dogs. (If she wants to of course. ) :)

That's even better that we can wander in and out, our tickets state on them that it's for the main hall. Are you allowed to take any photos or video as she would really like to have something to remember her time there.

We don't have a dog thank heavens, or I know we'd need a bank loan to go.

I'm sure we'll have a lovely time and like I said my daughter can't wait, I'm dreading her getting home from school as we probably won't hear anything else for the rest of the night.

Thanks ever so much mabsky, you've been a great help and given me the info I needed.

Archived