Has anyone ever been to Crufts?

think your self lucky you have a girl, id love to sit in doors watching crufts.

in stead i get a 13 year old lad that likes me to take him to skate board parks and watch him, freezin cold, thats if im lucky.

football, i have to stand and watch freezin again then i get to go home and clean his kit. YAY.

then theres the lets find the crap in his pocets before they get washed, worms, chewed gum, used snot rag, boucey ball, and that slime that makes a farting sound.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

wanna swap?

I haven't got off that easy, I've been there and done all that with my 20 year old son. Regarding the chewed gum, used snot rag, slime and other stuff, my 2 daughters all had that as well and my 11 year old still does. :hihi::

Ain't it grand being a parent :lol:

Been for last two years and it really is a very good day!!! Plenty to see and in one of the hall there are all different types of breeds, not just toys!

You will love the pugs and french bulldogs, very cute and playful!

Not sure how rest of the family will feel though if they dont like dogs as they will be kind of screwed!!

Good idea to set off a six and get there for opening. It will be really busy tomorrow so if you want to play and be introduced with different breeds of dogs then go straight there as its the most popular attraction. Plus later on in the day the dogs get tired.

Enjoy your day, should be great:thumbsup:

Dibsy, I'm going on Saturday too!

It's utility so I'm going to see the spotties! Takara hasn't qualified this year so I'm not showing.

I got a ticket for free from the Young Kennel Club otherwise, probably wouldn't have afforded it.

Had I known I'd have begged for a lift! I've just bought my coach ticket!

I've never been before but I'm taking plenty of food and drink as it's expensive at most dog shows.

So if you fancy a chat, I'll be in hall 1, ring 1, with the mad spotties!

Not sure what there is for others to do though - it is usually pretty dog orientated!

Dibsy - what did you think to Crufts? And did your daughter enjoy it?

I couldn't stick it out very long as I couldn't find anywhere to sit down and my leg wasn't great. I saw the dallies, a friend of mine came second in the dogs and another friend came 3rd.

I didn't actually know the one that won BOB in the dallies, but was chuffed the Faye and Lea came thru 2nd and 3rd!

Hopefully I'll be there next year showing!

We also saw the akitas (though there were only 3 bitches) and we just generally mooched around the stalls.

Was particularly interested in the Pets as Therapy stand and the Canine Partners stand - they had a display on with a pup in training showing what she'd learnt, included opening curtains, getting her owner out of bed, getting the phone, the post etc. and at the end they conned people into throwing £1 coins in for the dog to pick up and give to the owner who put them in the collection box :rolleyes:

Hope you all enjoyed it and the other kids weren't too bored!

• 7 years later...

Didn't fancy starting a new thread so I thought I'd use this one to ask:

Were the BBC mad to stop broadcasting Crufts? Channel 4 broadcast it now and there is currently a popular dog agility competition show called Superstar Dogs, the winner of which will get to enter Crufts.

Archived