Bridesmaid duties

Hi there

So, I am bridesmaid for my best friend in a couple of weeks time and I can't wait,. The hen do has happened and was enjoyed by all I think (phew), so I'm now turning my attention to the big day and getting a little nervous-it's my first time as bridesmaid and I don't want to let my friend down!

So I was hoping for some advice/tips on things you did as bridesmaid and/or your bridesmaids did for you on the day/in the run up... Was there anything that was really helpful/appreciated? Was there anything that shouldn't have been done? What about gifts-do I take a little something extra for my friend for one the day?

Thanks, hopefully I have thought of most things already! Eek :-)

make sure both you and the bride eat!!!! theres often so much rushing about its easy to accidentally skip a meal or a snack.

and conversely, dont let her (or yourself!) drink too much until after the first dance ;)

check if she can go to the loo unaided in her dress, you may be required to assist.

if you have a bag, make sure to keep an extra tissue or two in it for emotional moments- if not, wrap a couple round your bouquet stem so you have them to hand but no one will see them.

before you let her leave to get in the car do a check head to toe that she has everything...like jewellery!

peaches gave great advice, you know your friend and what things may be stressful for her so you are in the best position to know how you can help her :)

x

ps. dont forget to remind her to enjoy it too! ;)

I think you'll end up doing a lot on the day that you friend won't even realise until it's over! My bridesmaid did so much I didn't really appreciate it until the day after. She kept lipgloss and other bits in her bag and kept me looking fresh, when the bustle in my dress fell down, she was there sorting it out before I'd even noticed, she chatted to guests, helped gather people for photos, kept a tissue shoved down her bra, stopped people eating all the marshmallows and looked after the younger bridesmaids. She was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for better. Oh most importantly she helped me into my dress as my Mum was faffing :)

I think you'll end up doing a lot on the day that you friend won't even realise until it's over! My bridesmaid did so much I didn't really appreciate it until the day after. She kept lipgloss and other bits in her bag and kept me looking fresh, when the bustle in my dress fell down, she was there sorting it out before I'd even noticed, she chatted to guests, helped gather people for photos, kept a tissue shoved down her bra, stopped people eating all the marshmallows and looked after the younger bridesmaids. She was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for better. Oh most importantly she helped me into my dress as my Mum was faffing :)

Aw that's lovely, hope my friend has a similar experience from me!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived