Advice please regarding garage

The bank statement would prove that the litigant purchased some service or item from the defendant. As would a payment on a credit card statement. If it were paid in cash then that would be more difficult.

So you've told the OP they have no chance, but haven't asked if they have the required evidence to prove the work was done... Surely in order to know if they have no chance you need to know how they paid (ie whether the evidence that the work was done exists or not).

The bank statement would prove that the litigant purchased some service or item from the defendant. As would a payment on a credit card statement. If it were paid in cash then that would be more difficult.

So you've told the OP they have no chance, but haven't asked if they have the required evidence to prove the work was done... Surely in order to know if they have no chance you need to know how they paid (ie whether the evidence that the work was done exists or not).

For the third time, if they can prove they were provided a service then they've a chance. I even mention bank statements in the post above yours!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You hit the nail on the head.

Leaving aside all other liability issues you have no evidence it was this garage therefore any claim would be certain to fail. They could simply put you to proof (demand you prove it was them) and your claim fails at that point.

Perhaps I'd misunderstood your first post and you weren't telling them that they had no chance?

I don't think it was at all clear that the proof you mention here would just be of having had the work done. It reads as if you think there's a need for some sort of smoking gun. A video of them not closing the bonnet correctly for example.

Archived