Plastering nightmare

I'd let him finish it and then check the work out, have a word with him in the morning and just tell him to be more careful, regarding mess.

If he's not happy with the ceiling and is going to Reskim it, let him but don't let him change his price.

£290.00 for a double bedroom Reskim inc artexed ceiling is a little on the cheap side, if there were no coving I'd have just offered to throw a new ceiling up to save the hassle and guaranteed it for a few years, it would have cost I little more mind.

If your not happy with the final work, don't pay him, but do give him 14 days to rectify his work.

If he has ruined your carpet you need to get his insurance details and look at making a claim.

Please also bare in mind, a re-skim is only 3-5 mm of plaster over existing/older sand/cement/plaster etc etc

Ring this guy Cath.

Excellent plasterer to the point you get a reflection in his finish. Cost £100 a day + materials. I use him all the time on contract work. He can do a room in a day if all walls have been prepared.

Looks like you haven't hired a plasterer, just a guy with 20 quids worth of tools.

He'll probably have to uni-bond everything your "plasterer" has touched though.

Craig on 07542588861

When your plasterer asks for payment tell him you want reimbursing for a new carpet.

If it includes materials and he did a good job then the price isn't 'far too much'. Easy for people on here to say that. He didn't do a good job so it's a different matter but good tradesmen don't work for peanuts. Did he also board the ceiling or just skim over it?

Hope you get it sorted.

Ring this guy Cath.

Excellent plasterer to the point you get a reflection in his finish. Cost £100 a day + materials. I use him all the time on contract work. He can do a room in a day if all walls have been prepared.

Looks like you haven't hired a plasterer, just a guy with 20 quids worth of tools.

He'll probably have to uni-bond everything your "plasterer" has touched though.

Craig on 07542588861

When your plasterer asks for payment tell him you want reimbursing for a new carpet.

I realise the plasterer should cover the carpets etc,but if i wanted to make sure my carpets were kept clean i would have covered them myself,lets face it plastering is a mucky job,he might think the O/P is trying it on.:)

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags