Recreational Sport anywhere?

Hi all

I'm new to the sheffield area and want to get into a recreational sports team to meet new people/keep fit etc.

I used to play basketball at school so that's an option, plus I'm big on rugby, squash, badminton but not so much football. If there are any teams playing around the city I'd like to know about it. Big thing is I can't do saturdays (unfortunately ruling most rugby out).

Thanks!

Hi

I actually stumbled across this a couple of days ago. Its part of the Sheffield Basketball League set-up called Ball Again, where people can go down and do a little bit of practice drills and games leading into being part of a team in the league (although I'm sure that's optional).

If you're interested we could go together to one of the sessions and see what happens from that.

If you search Sheffield Basketball 'Ball Again' you should get all the info to have a look at.

Hi.

Just had a look...Friday is pretty much the only day I cant make it...Shame that! Looks pretty good.

Not sure where there are any outdoor courts we could try...I'll have a look and let you know if you like. Happy to meet up sometime.

This sounds good to me, I'll have a look for outdoor courts as well.

Had a quick look. Few and far between, think there's a spot not too far from me (Im in Rotherham), will check it out. Happy to travel to Sheffield too. I'll send a pm with details.

Cheers.

Archived