Has Technology Ruined Literacy?

Well, it seems with the popularity of text messaging over a decade ago and now internet message boards.

I wonder if we have lost the ability to construct, spell and articulate anything more than a sentence.

I used to write in text speak many years ago but nowadays make the effort to ensure accuracy and clarity.

I even go as far as listing things in size order and have all sorts of little fetishes about the look and style of things.

I can accept when people post from their phones and are in a hurry but still, I like things to be as good as they can.

Well done, nice punctuation as well :thumbsup:

:hihi::hihi:

Seriously, though - yes it does make you lazy. I wonder what teenage foreign exchange students make of their english peers - it must be like an entirely different language to what they learn in textbooks overseas.

:hihi::hihi:

Seriously, though - yes it does make you lazy. I wonder what teenage foreign exchange students make of their english peers - it must be like an entirely different language to what they learn in textbooks overseas.

Yes, from Shakespeare to SMS in three easy instalments :hihi:

Bedders, you haven't lost the ability, you never had it to start with!

Your spelling is appalling, your grammar non existent, and you have no idea how to start or finish a sentence!

You may think you are articulate but you aren't.

Sorry, not trying to be nasty, but your English leaves a lot to be desired..........

Bedders, you haven't lost the ability, you never had it to start with!

Your spelling is appalling, your grammar non existent, and you have no idea how to start or finish a sentence!

You may think you are articulate but you aren't.

Sorry, not trying to be nasty, but your English leaves a lot to be desired..........

2 posts? You must have been hovering around a while.

It's guess the "sinic" time.

Archived