HMRC 'plans to share tax data with private firms'

Seriously, what points?

The ones about headline economic indicators fudged for political gain? Do me a favour!

The figures are as crooked as the ones Labour were churning out for 13 years and the ones the Tories churned out for 18 years before that.

Anyway, back to the OP. Would you like to outline for us what the benefits of HMRC selling your financial data will be?

Translation: the figures are not what I wanted to hear so I'll just smear the bodies producing them...

Have you been taking PR lessons from Mecky all of a sudden?

---------- Post added 21-04-2014 at 17:37 ----------

Oh dear, you still trying desperately to push that line?

You only have to clarify what you meant by your claim. I understand that may be personally embarrassing for you though :hihi:

Only personally identifying data. Trouble is you can anonymise data, but then it can be very easy to de anonymise it again if you do a bit of data mining.

But HMRC computers are amongst the most powerful and up to date in the world with the highest levels of security and no possible chance of being hacked.

Still running XP actually

But HMRC computers are amongst the most powerful and up to date in the world with the highest levels of security and no possible chance of being hacked.

Even that's irrelevant really, since they are intending to give the data away....

Maybe they are , but they dont know everything about everybody, They only know what people tell them. And what they dont know cant hurt them. :)

And you expect us to believe that. The US military, the FBI, several small governments, even Wikileaks have all been hacked to name but a few.

Sony were hacked and took two weeks to let people know, they repaired everything and apologised for their incompetence and on the day they made the announcement were hacked on an even bigger scale.

I dare anyone to publically make the claim that they can't be hacked. It's almost a guarantee that they will be.

http://www.amazon.com/We-Are-Inside-LulzSec-Insurgency/dp/0316213527

Besides wait long enough and there will be a news story about the data turning up in a bin somewhere... 'accidentally in the bin' ...of course.

Archived