My bed is about to collapse!!

I never thought of that. I always wondered why they invented the futon instead od just having them directly on the floor..

Nor me. I assumed that was the reason for having bed sheets.

I prefer to sleep on the floor. I had for years, and no one has ever mentioned me smelling, or my room smelling :hihi:

Nor me. I assumed that was the reason for having bed sheets.

I prefer to sleep on the floor. I had for years, and no one has ever mentioned me smelling, or my room smelling :hihi:

They're being polite!

Actually...does anyone talk to you at all? :hihi:

My bed is about to collapse, i'm sure...

It's been getting worse and worse, I have tightened it up but the hooks on the ends of the side pieces are only 50% held on (the rest has split)

It's an old metal bed frame, and it wasn't 100% when I got it, and it's got much worse..

I can't afford a new bed base, so has anyone got any suggestions of how to fix it? or alternatives?

As a "make do and mend" could you screw a piece of (maybe 18mm thick) ply to the frame? Something like THIS

I never thought of that. I always wondered why they invented the futon instead od just having them directly on the floor..

Futons have always been one of life's unfathomable mysteries for me. On the few occasions I have had to (try to) sleep on one, horrible spinal pain has set in instantly and lasted all night. I'm not normally an aches-and-pains kind of person, but I find them hideously uncomfortable. Sleeping on the floor with no mattress at all would probably be more comfortable.

Don't know if this is applicable to your situation, but one of my kids destroyed his bed frame by jumping on it.

Unbeknownst to us, he got a can of paint from the garage and used that to prop up the side that was collapsing. A paint can was exactly the right size. Who knew?

Archived