My bed is about to collapse!!

Was driving up City Rd earlier and someone was putting a metal bed frame by the roadside for scrap, though it was in excellent condition ! We tried to cram it in the back of my corsa for you, but it wasn't having it, and neither of us had Allen keys to dismantle it.

What a bloody waste.

Don't know if this is applicable to your situation, but one of my kids destroyed his bed frame by jumping on it.

Unbeknownst to us, he got a can of paint from the garage and used that to prop up the side that was collapsing. A paint can was exactly the right size. Who knew?

Hehe, little bleeder :) - but that is interesting , and possibly useful in the future, who knows?

But it's not really relevant to my situation atm, thanks tho! :)

Was driving up City Rd earlier and someone was putting a metal bed frame by the roadside for scrap, though it was in excellent condition ! We tried to cram it in the back of my corsa for you, but it wasn't having it, and neither of us had Allen keys to dismantle it.

What a bloody waste.

Awwwwe, Thanks megalithic - the thought counts! :)

I'll just have to see what I can sort if/when the time comes, at the moment it's really wobbly, the bolts are as tight as I can get them...

Unless I can find someone who can weld it for me (doable)! :)

If you can find one close by, and it can be dismantled to a manageable size, we can pick it up in the car. Doesn't matter if i have to leave the boot open, as long as we secure it properly. I've got bungees and rope.

Let me know if you find owt.

I don't like swearing but what the hell.....

Your a nob.

(And not of the door/handle type)

And he's a persistent internet scrounger... http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1208970&page=4

He could buy a new bed for the difference in price between his CPU & mine, just for the trade down from a 6 core to a dual core, if he'd sell it (no I'm not offering to buy, but there's ebay), but he'd rather have people running around after him to get him stuff for free.

We'd all prefer not to spend money we don't have to, wouldn't we?

Personally I'd have gone to B and Q or Wickes and got some brackets, clamps, threaded bar and nuts if it just needed a bit more support around the joints.

And he's a persistent internet scrounger... http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1208970&page=4

He could buy a new bed for the difference in price between his CPU & mine, just for the trade down from a 6 core to a dual core, if he'd sell it (no I'm not offering to buy, but there's ebay), but he'd rather have people running around after him to get him stuff for free.

My CPU cost me £120 while I was working, and that came with the board and RAM, i'd get at most about £30 for it now... as I said above, then i'd be without a computer, which is my means of communication, entertainment, and also for job searching etc... so how is that a good idea?

And NEITHER threads were scrounging, they were both asking for advise, I never once said "Will anyone give me..."

I asked if anyone had any advise or ideas, yes... but that's not the same as scrounging...

But yes, buying ANYTHING, to fix or replace, is not possible, as I can only just manage to buy food each week after bills are paid, so anything else is out of the question....

Archived