Starting a petition to close a pub/club

Is this easy? Can anyone start a petition that will be officially recognised and acted upon by the licensing committee?

Does the pub have a late licence which may be causing some of the problems? If so you may have more success working on this than trying to get it's licence revoked.

Why would they act upon a petition? What is your reason for wanting a premises closed? Is it in breach of it's license and can you prove it?

All good questions sadly spoilt by your moronic comment that i didnt bother quoting.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:15 ----------

would be better to maybe set up some cameras if possible to film noise-fights -drug use- drinking after hours- or any other kind of breach of license or law then send that along with your petition to who it may concern council ect ..

Yep. Ive got all that. Ive been collecting it for a while now when ever there has been instances of anti social behavior, fighting, criminal damage. Now i want to do something with it as its not getting any better so i feel the place should be closed.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:17 ----------

... assuming any of these are his reasons.

These are some of the reasons but theres much more serious stuff i wont divulge on the forum but suffice to say something needs to be done.

What is the reason for the Petition, or is this sour grapes for being barred for being naughty or summat. :hihi:

:hihi:

Yeah, their tables wont support my fat ass when i have one too many and decide to go all Flash Dance :hihi:

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:19 ----------

And we start a thread with unclear information and then does not provide any responses.

:rolleyes:

Ive been busy!

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:20 ----------

Thats the straw that broke the camels back. Yes its directly related to that thread.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:24 ----------

If the pub was open and trading before you moved into your house why did you buy the house??

You shouldn't have to put up with problems from pub users but if you live near one then you must expect 1 or 2 issuses over time.

I agree. I moved near a pub so i should expect some noise. Totally with you on that.

This isnt just noise though and its also a new development and didnt happen when i first moved here.

Criminal damage!

Theft!

Someone making sexual gestures and shouting out profanity to an 8 year old girl!

More criminal damage.

The ex was sexually intimidated by a group of 'men' who have had 1 or 10 too many.

The list is long and getting longer.

As for the music and the cars and the shouting?

Thats all fine and totally acceptable

The rest isnt.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:26 ----------

Why would you expect folk who have never been in a pub to sign a petition to have it shut? Perhaps the landlord would respond by starting a petition to have you sectioned.

Thats a fab contribution. Thanks :)

Dont forget to come back with more amazing insights but id suggest you wait till puberty kicks. That way you wont sound like such a child.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:29 ----------

Does the pub have a late licence which may be causing some of the problems? If so you may have more success working on this than trying to get it's licence revoked.

Yes it has a late license. Its very close to two other pubs, the two other pubs have none of these issues at all. In fact i dont recall a time when theres been any issue with the other two establishments since ive lived here. Its this one place with a moron for a landlord whos not adverse to causing criminal damage himself.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 11:31 ----------

Is this certain club/pub on Mansfield Road?

No,although i do know which one you may mean if your talking mansfield road.

there are enough pubs and clubs being closed in Sheffield must be half of them then they get turned into mini Tesco's or a restaurant called the star of Bengal or the golden dragon if it's the same pub I'm thinking of I worked there for many years, and we never had any trouble apart from one or to skirmishes at Christmas's besides there would be no room to put a kitchen x

it sounds like its not necessarily the pub wants closing, it needs rid of the current licencee (and the clientele he attracts).

Does he own the pub or lease it? If he leases it has he broke the terms of the lease and could the pub company that owns the pub be persuaded to terminate the lease and kick him out?

Has he breached the terms of his licence? Serving outside licensed hours, serving people that are already way too drunk for example - in which case go via the council - various actions available to them including withdrawing his personal licence.

Other than that keep reporting incidents to the police, they also have influence and powers to take action against licencees if they consider it appropriate.

There's also a law stating that any pubs or bars in a residential area, must have the music down to a certain level (or off) by 11pm, and they should not be allowed to serve past 11:30pm (Shouldn't be able to get a late license in a residential area)

What sort of time's are these incidents happening? if they are 2/3am, then you could approach from that angle... Otherwise, if it's within the guideline times for residential areas, then the police are your only option at this point...

There's also a law stating that any pubs or bars in a residential area, must have the music down to a certain level (or off) by 11pm, and they should not be allowed to serve past 11:30pm (Shouldn't be able to get a late license in a residential area)

No such laws, only guidelines - however they may be put into writing in premises licences and then have the power of law for that venue.

What I meant is... They don't license pubs and clubs in residential areas after 11:30... and it is a legal thing, because it is the LAW that noise pollution (parties, loud music, people shouting etc) should be stopped by 11pm... (the hours are 11pm - 7am officially)

What I meant is... They don't license pubs and clubs in residential areas after 11:30... and it is a legal thing, because it is the LAW that noise pollution (parties, loud music, people shouting etc) should be stopped by 11pm... (the hours are 11pm - 7am officially)

sounds like this law needs to be changed given that almost everywhere is now residential even in town ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_licensing_laws_of_the_United_Kingdom

Archived