Backlash against Daily Mail foodbanks story

I'm considered a bleeding heart leftie by some on here, but I love reading the Daily Mail to see what nasty bit of right wing opinion is being pushed today. Nothing like early morning rage to get the day started with a bang.

It's a popular paper and as such is very influential, so I think it's important to see what misinformation and bias are being fed to the masses, and then try and counteract it.

I do read the Guardian and Independent sometimes, but what's the point of reading stuff you already know and agree with?

Foodbanks provide an extremely important service for the vunerable of our society in short-term need.

They satisfy a need in both recipients and providers.

The Trussell Trust have made a big mistake in getting involved in making political press statements that, sadly, include an element of spin.

By doing so, some may think that their claims are fair targets for rebuttal.

Just get on with doing what the generous volunteers and donors enjoy doing and leave the politics alone.

Maybe the government should figure out a way to get the evil tax dodging billionaires to pay their "fair share" in taxes. Until then we have to live within our means, our actual means, not what we think our means should be.

I Agree with what you are saying.

The MoS article is the equivalent of dressing up like a homeless person, sitting outside a train station begging, then 'exposing' those who give money.

The reporter (not journalist) set out to lie, lied at every opportunity, and proved nothing other that he was a liar.

Yes Minister had it right.

"Hacker: Don't tell me about the press, I know exactly who reads the papers: the Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; the Times is read by people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and the The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits."

Foodbanks provide an extremely important service for the vunerable of our society in short-term need.

They satisfy a need in both recipients and providers.

The Trussell Trust have made a big mistake in getting involved in making political press statements that, sadly, include an element of spin.

By doing so, some may think that their claims are fair targets for rebuttal.

Just get on with doing what the generous volunteers and donors enjoy doing and leave the politics alone.

....and this is why we need a "like" button on the forum.

Yes Minister had it right.

"Hacker: Don't tell me about the press, I know exactly who reads the papers: the Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; the Times is read by people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and the The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits."

I remember that episode, so funny.:hihi:

Who reads the papers.

No, let them take their pineapple chunks. But also let them think about how to prevent this happening next time there is a recession. Maybe stop smoking. Maybe stop drinking. Or stop buying junk food. Or leave that holiday for another year. Set up an ISA, put some money aside for the future. Instead of spending it all in the knowledge that the government will always be there to prevent you from starving or going cold. Because more than likely, at some point in most people under 40s lifetimes, the government won't be able to help anymore.

Or buying the Daily Mail.

A huge amount of referrals come from DWP offices and CAB where people's benefits are delayed or their frst wage cheque hasn't come through. So it's not always people frittering their money away on fripperies as much as you'd hope

Archived