Ebay - first problem - had to happen I suppose!

Been 'doing' ebay for about 6 months, getting rid of things I no longer want and its gone great so far, but I suppose it had to happen, today I have had my first.....""item is not the colour I expected, looks blue in the photo but its black and I already have a black one so I want my money back or else"".....the item is a designer scarf worth a good bit but sold for £25, I have looked again at my photos on ebay and I have to admit that on one photo (there are several) the border does look blue, but on the other photos it is clear that the border is black and in my description I have not mentioned any colours other than to say it is vibrant. Anyway, I have offered a refund once she returns it to me, but I wondered if anyone else has experience of this as I have an awful feeling that I am being conned as I have heard of people buying designer and returning fakes, but hey ho, will put it down to experience.

I have been on ebay about 10 years now,, I have found it to be full of the 5%ers, they are the people who will complain about everything, they are the timewasters, they are the ones you don't want as customers, they are the ones who look for faults that aren't there, they are the ones who sit on there fat arses just complaining about every thing and everyone they can think of, in other words they are the pxxs takers of the world, the 5%ers but my advice is this, speak to ebay they do actualy help in these kind of situations

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

I had someone try it on some t8ime ago. A watch i sold in mint condition had suddenly developed a broken scree. He sent me a snap of it and it just didnt look right so i told him to return it. Thats when my trouble really started. Email after email getting more and more rude telling me he had given me the proof that the watch was broken. He not only wanted his money and postage back but a replacement watch for all the hassle hed had

Anyway long boring story short hed photoshopped the picture of the watch to make it look broken :lol::lol::lol:

Ebay is a nightmare now, despite many decent members.

I've had a few of those morons and scroungers trying to fiddle me out of goods (beware when selling mobiles, especially)- one tried it on with a perfectly good DS. The 'screen had scratches', but I fought it all the way!

Pack the article very well and photograph in detail as well as each stage of packing, it should be able to survive being dropped from waist height. If it's anything expensive I put hidden identification marks on it, especially items that have removable and delicate parts such as pick-up styli.

Always note the serial numbers.

What ghostrider said. You shoul expect a % of sales to go this way. Its slightly inconvenient for you, but you havent lost anything yet. Just tell her as long as its returned in the condituib it was sent that it would be no problem.

Dont take pictures of items with your mobile but use a proper camera to get the pictures more accurate and also descrive the colour in future items. Some pictures people put up are terrible. Blacks and blues are always hard to captyre properly if you are just using the camera on your phone.

What ghostrider said. You shoul expect a % of sales to go this way. Its slightly inconvenient for you, but you havent lost anything yet. Just tell her as long as its returned in the condituib it was sent that it would be no problem.

Dont take pictures of items with your mobile but use a proper camera to get the pictures more accurate and also descrive the colour in future items. Some pictures people put up are terrible. Blacks and blues are always hard to captyre properly if you are just using the camera on your phone.

Colours can also look different depending on the monitor you're using...

If you're just a private seller selling your own possessions second hand & don't have any returns policy then you don't have to do anything, you could just 'tell them to do one'. They could argue to Paypal that it wasn't as described, but you didn't describe the exact colour shade & photos can look different depending on the lighting, camera or screen displaying it.

It's probably best to just accept the return though, then you don't risk paypal deciding in their favour or bad ebay feedback. Just make sure you get what you sent back before refunding.

If you're running a business then you'll have to accept the return.

Archived