Happy St. Georges Day!

First of all the English aren't a race you ignorant person.

Secondly, if the English don't celebrate Saints days as part of their strongly held Protestant tradition ( :hihi: ) how come a lot of them are happy to celebrate St Patrick's day and Christmas?

Thirdly, good look with reporting me for racial slurs against the English. As I was born in Sheffield and can trace my direct male line to 1706 in the Sheffield area you may struggle.

Finally as one of my English great grandfathers was a Congregational Minister the religious element is also removed.

Now if you've settled down and untwisted your knickers any chance you could actually answer the question?

England is only nominally a christian country, St George's day provides an opportunity to celebrate England, why not take it?

This is actually a genuine question, I don't get it.

You will find Charmer is an ignoramus, I've had him on ignore months he tried to accuse me of racism like he has you, take no notice if brains were wood there wouldn't be enough in his head, to build a shed door.

Don't get drawn in, if anyone had an inappropriate username it's them.

And Happy St Georges Day to you

Pete

Perhaps you could explain to us exactly why that is?

Also, while you're at it, perhaps you could tell us what you personally have arranged to celebrate this fine day?

As there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from organizing parties, barbecues, events and general festivity why is it not happening?

St George is also the patron Saint of Catalonia which is why Barcelona have his cross on their badge. The Catalans will be celebrating today.

Why aren't the English?

Is it because the English are a miserable bunch, incapable of enjoying themselves unless instructed to do so by their 'betters' in order to celebrate some Royal occasion?

Or do you have another reason?

Anyway happy St Georges day to one and all.

As Blackbeard said it is also Shakespeare's birthday and also the anniversary of his death.

It is also strangely enough the anniversary of the death of Miguel Cervantes who died on exactly the same day as Shakespeare.

Shakespeare died on his birthday? what a crap present

---------- Post added 23-04-2014 at 13:04 ----------

These days, if you say you’re English, you can be arrested and thrown in jail!!

yer tinfoil helmets slipping

You will find Charmer is an ignoramus, I've had him on ignore months he tried to accuse me of racism like he has you, take no notice if brains were wood there wouldn't be enough in his head, to build a shed door.

Don't get drawn in, if anyone had an inappropriate username it's them.

And Happy St Georges Day to you

Pete

You made a racist comment, you called people "Shylocks" and referred to them as money grabbing. So you referred to people using a negaitve name for Jews, accusing them of having a negative trait commonly associated with Jews. You expect anyone not to call this racist.

You then messaged me justifying yourself saying a) you didn't know it was racist and b) you have Jewish family so you can't be racist.

I didn't "try" to accuse you of racism. I did accuse you of racism and accuse you again. You are defending another person who makes racist comments online. I assume you two will be marching with the EDL when they next raise their ugly heads.

F Christmas is also a protestant tradition!! They celebrate St. Paddys day because saints days mean more to the Irish celebrating Paddy's Day for centuriePaddy's Day does.

Paddy's day? Tell me my ironically named friend, does referring to the patron Saint of someones country in a derogatory manner not constitute racism?

Or do these things only count in a one way direction type of way?

As for Christmas, you do realise that the Catholic Church is the original Christian church, and the birth of Christ was celebrated long before any Protestant church existed don't you?

Which means that Protestant countries have no problem celebrating Catholic holidays when it suits them.

Archived