Do vegans aspire to a state where no living organism eats another ?

I'm finding it all a bit baffling if i'm honest. :huh:

So it's a given, in our minds at least, that we're the most intelligent/morally rich species on the planet, or at least the one with the greatest means/technologies to change things. So let's say, in a 1000 years time dolphins evolve enough to communicate fluently with ourselves, and therefore have certain responsibilities themselves regarding moral issues. Should they look to become vegan themselves eventually ?

Perpetuate that and where does it all end ?

Opines. :hihi:

I'm finding it all a bit baffling if i'm honest. :huh:

So it's a given, in our minds at least, that we're the most intelligent/morally rich species on the planet, or at least the one with the greatest means/technologies to change things. So let's say, in a 1000 years time dolphins evolve enough to communicate fluently with ourselves, and therefore have certain responsibilities themselves regarding moral issues. Should they look to become vegan themselves eventually ?

Perpetuate that and where does it all end ?

Opines. :hihi:

No dolphin is going to evolve much in 1000 years. Dolphins couldn't sustain their energy expenditure by eating marine vegetation in the same way dugongs might be able to.

Humans can live, perfectly well, without meat. Cooked meat is a high value food, and we have no upper limit on consumption because we are hard wired to categorise it as "good stuff", so it influences the dopaminergic system like fats and sugar do, and we become functionally addicted to it.

People are vegan for all sorts of reasons, it's not simply a moral/ethical standpoint.

No dolphin is going to evolve much in 1000 years. Dolphins couldn't sustain their energy expenditure by eating marine vegetation in the same way dugongs might be able to.

Humans can live, perfectly well, without meat. Cooked meat is a high value food, and we have no upper limit on consumption because we are hard wired to categorise it as "good stuff", so it influences the dopaminergic system like fats and sugar do, and we become functionally addicted to it.

People are vegan for all sorts of reasons, it's not simply a moral/ethical standpoint.

Pedant. :roll:

I'm talking very hypothetically on that point. :hihi:

I can see a day we all become vegan, so we'd surely force that morality on any other species to become truly sentinet, wouldn't we ? And they the next species.

I realise it's a bit of a daft question, but it could be one we face eventually, and i just wondered if the vegans amongst us had ever thought it out.

Aaaaaarrrgghhh, please think of the plants!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLABm7jJ-Y

I'd like to state, I eat meat!!!

And to be quite honest, I'm not going to be around long enough to care if the World becomes Vegan, the Zombie Apocalypse, 4th World War etc will probably happen first, and my Zombie Survival plan is mint...

Reminds me of an episode of Tales Of The Unexpected. :hihi:

How many remember that ? :help:

Pedant. :roll:

I'm talking very hypothetically on that point. :hihi:

I can see a day we all become vegan, so we'd surely force that morality on any other species to become truly sentient, wouldn't we ? And they the next species.

I realise it's a bit of a daft question, but it could be one we face eventually, and i just wondered if the vegans amongst us had ever thought it out.

Point them out and I'll avoid them.:hihi: The fact their vegans wouldn't be my main cause of concern. The implication of relating equally with another species morally or ethically as a discussion is frankly mental asylum territory. Why force morality on another species if it was capable of morality? We already force our will, and is it moral to force anything on anything?

Archived