What new shop in hillsborough?

The independent businesses died out when the chains took over. Now people are abandoning the chains, I think it's time to bring independent businesses back.

I'd like to see a local bike shop (or a little branch of Planet X would be cool), another butchers, fishmonger, fruit and veg shop, flower shop, another craft shop, and a really great independent coffee and cake place. I'd also use an independent hardware shop and garden centre in preference to B&Q.

I agree need more local shops we should all try to support the local butcher, baker, flower shop ,etc, too many big chains can destroy small shop owners, leads to lots of empty shops, place looks run down, people stop going , big chains pull out, no more local shopping centre! The balance needs to be right, and people need to support all,, You would have thought a good local bike shop selling bikes and servicing would do well with all the cyclists about?

The independent businesses died out when the chains took over. Now people are abandoning the chains, I think it's time to bring independent businesses back.

I'd like to see a local bike shop (or a little branch of Planet X would be cool), another butchers, fishmonger, fruit and veg shop, flower shop, another craft shop, and a really great independent coffee and cake place. I'd also use an independent hardware shop and garden centre in preference to B&Q.

Langsett Cycles is internationally famous (it's 125 years old!: http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/about.php). I know people who travel up from all corners of the UK to go there.

I agree need more local shops we should all try to support the local butcher, baker, flower shop ,etc, too many big chains can destroy small shop owners, leads to lots of empty shops, place looks run down, people stop going , big chains pull out, no more local shopping centre! The balance needs to be right, and people need to support all,, You would have thought a good local bike shop selling bikes and servicing would do well with all the cyclists about?

There has been a bike shop in Hillsborough on Catch Bar lane for over 50 years.

Still going strong selling and servicing bikes. Was originally owned by Bert Beech

I think it is now Butterworth Cycles. Much nearer Hillsborough than Langsett Cycles.

Another...? With exception of the hardware and garden centre all of the other shops are there. A bakery continental style would have my vote.

Another...? With exception of the hardware and garden centre all of the other shops are there. A bakery continental style would have my vote.

You are in luck. A superb place called Angels of Cuisine opened quite recently. It's dead opposite Eve's Fruits. Really fantastic bread and cakes. :D

This is the FB page for their London Road branch (Hillsborough is their 2nd store): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angels-of-Cuisine/221441791312998

You are in luck. A superb place called Angels of Cuisine opened quite recently. It's dead opposite Eve's Fruits. Really fantastic bread and cakes. :D

This is the FB page for their London Road branch (Hillsborough is their 2nd store): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angels-of-Cuisine/221441791312998

Yes I tried them. The cakes are fantastic, but I wasn't impressed by the bread I tried their Rye bread which I found quite sweet an rather dry.

Maybe they increased their range since I was last there - will call again.

Cheers.

Yes I tried them. The cakes are fantastic, but I wasn't impressed by the bread I tried their Rye bread which I found quite sweet an rather dry.

Maybe they increased their range since I was last there - will call again.

Cheers.

They maybe only have 3-4 breads in per day, but they rotate them so there's always something new.

The potato and oregano, and sun-dried tomato ones are very nice. :thumbsup: