18" tyres. Not the budget brand

I'd happily recommend what used to be HiQ next to the Leppings Lane/Penistone Road roundabout. Excellent service and don't screw you over. (btw, I personally would never go for cheaper tyres, if you can afford them, go for Michelins)

The new ones have an even better grip rating, they are now an A for wet grip, my car is only 150bhp , however on a standing start get hardly any wheel spin in the wet with an aggressive set off.

Something is wrong with your car, there is no way any tyre will grip in wet with 150bhp

Get yourself down to Autodynamics on attercliffe road just before the Norfolk bridge on your right if your going towards the wicker.

They will advise you what the best tyre for your car is etc and price is not too bad either.

Bank loan time, they are very expensive.

---------- Post added 27-04-2014 at 23:46 ----------

I'd happily recommend what used to be HiQ next to the Leppings Lane/Penistone Road roundabout. Excellent service and don't screw you over. (btw, I personally would never go for cheaper tyres, if you can afford them, go for Michelins)

I'll second that.

Just make sure you read reviews online. Different tyres work better for different cars. camskill, mytres etc are good places online for shopping.

Also find forums for whatever car it is you have as you'll get lots of recommendations on those.

Thanks for the recommendations people. I went for Hancook in the end.

Rated at A for wet, C (i think)for Fuel and only 69db. I noticed an immediate difference in grip and when i booted it (to test, not for fun) from the line i got no wheel spin and the TC wasnt working overtime trying to compensate for the loss of grip as there was no loss of grip.

They are a marvelous tire and id highly recommend them.

Id also like to say Dexel did them for me and were great, did me a deal on getting the tracking done and saved me a few quid too.

So thanks Dexel for that :)

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 09:22 ----------

Just make sure you read reviews online. Different tyres work better for different cars. camskill, mytres etc are good places online for shopping.

Also find forums for whatever car it is you have as you'll get lots of recommendations on those.

I followed your advice and was surprised to learn that the Jonny no name tires id got on were considered really good tires with good ratings and excellent grip. As id not heard of them i thought they were some crap the previous owner had put on to help sell the car. They were Neutron NT 8000. The new ones ive got on are better, no doubt about it but for the price of Neutrons (would be around 60per tire for me) makes them well worth a look.

I honestly cant fault them and would have no hesitation in buying them again. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 09:30 ----------

I'll second that.

I did look at Michelin's but they were a bit pricey. About £30 per T more than the Hancooks nd the ratings were no better, worse in most cases.

Thisll make you laugh, my insurance is with Kwik Fit (please dont hate me) and im told they sometimes do deals on servicing, tires and stuff at their sevice centres so i rang them up.

Told them the tires i wanted 2 (Hancook or Uniroyals) and this is what he said

"Oh we dont do budget tires sir, we only sell good one, would you like some Bridgestones?

Me, "How much?"

Him "We also do Michelines"

Me "How much?"

Him "And ill throw in free tracking and balancing"

Me "How much?"

Him, "And i can book you in to City road for tomorrow"

Me "HOW MUCH!!!???!!!"

Him "Ah, now, erm, £460 inc vat"

Me "Click,,,,,beeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

Him (possibly, i dont know as id hung up) "Hello? Hello? Sir??,,,oh, he must have got cut off"

Like i said i ended up going to Dexel :D

I'll second that.

Autodynamics have always been the cheapest for me, beating Black circles and other online sellers. Give them a try.

I followed your advice and was surprised to learn that the Jonny no name tires id got on were considered really good tires with good ratings and excellent grip. As id not heard of them i thought they were some crap the previous owner had put on to help sell the car. They were Neutron NT 8000. The new ones ive got on are better, no doubt about it but for the price of Neutrons (would be around 60per tire for me) makes them well worth a look.

I honestly cant fault them and would have no hesitation in buying them again. :thumbsup:

It does depend. I bought some Nexen N3000 (I think they were N3000s) which were recommended but they were appalling on my car, ok in the dry but a the slightest hint of damp and the slightest hint of throttle could cause the backend to slip.

The Goodyear Eagles I have on the rear now are much better and they're actually older.

Archived