Leeds Teacher Stabbed to Death

I heard on the news, that there was no trail, is that correct? How can all things be considered?

he pleaded guilty so they didn't go through all the trial. you can read the judges summing up which goes through the details of what happened and the various psychiatric reports that have been done on him. i think because he pleaded guilty the issue wasn't so much did he do it but how long a sentence should he get

a lot of shocking info came out. i did find it worrying that he had been saying he would kill her for a while (although i understand why other young people would think it was just talk). however on the day he showed at least one pupil the two knives and practiced infront of them how he was going to stab ann macguire. i'm not sure why that person / people didn't tell someone but i am guessing they have got a lot to deal now with knowing now that he went through with it :(

it's clear that he is not of "sound mind" - although he isn't insane (according to the psychiatrists) as he knew fully what he was doing and the consequences. it seems even the psychiatrists were shocked by him.

what i meant by my post talking about him telling people in advance and acting it out on the day infront of someone is - i wonder how, the person who i acted it out infront of and showed the knives to on the day or the murder now lives with the fact that they didn't tell anyone / warn anyone.

it's clear that he is not of "sound mind" - although he isn't insane (according to the psychiatrists) as he knew fully what he was doing and the consequences. it seems even the psychiatrists were shocked by him.

what i meant by my post talking about him telling people in advance and acting it out on the day infront of someone is - i wonder how, the person who i acted it out infront of and showed the knives to on the day or the murder now lives with the fact that they didn't tell anyone / warn anyone.

These are 15 year olds. I wouldn't want any one else spoiling their life feeling responsible. It was one very disturbed child who did it.

These are 15 year olds. I wouldn't want any one else spoiling their life feeling responsible. It was one very disturbed child who did it.

Watching channel 4 tonight

FF to 4:35

Circumstances surrounding the reasons..or in the words of the reporter "the trigger" which brought about the murder seems "odd" that there seems to be universal silence from all agencies when asked. Anyone with any ideas as to why that would be?

I get the impression theyd rather see him on the end of a rope.

I would like all to be treated fairly by the media; what is the standard sentence for murder?

I dont think that a person should get longer if they murder a policeman, teacher or MP.