Washing machine + bra wire. help please

If you can find the end that is coming up through the holes in the drum then you can remove the wire with a pair of pliers without removing anything mechanical at all.

If you can't then it basically involves removing the drum from the machine in order to access the wire. If you're really lucky then it won't have damaged anything- most of the noise is just the wire being mangled by the rotation of the drum. It's just a faff getting to remove it. Depends on your machine as to whether it can be done by removing the door seal from the front.

EDIT- one of the 'good' things about wearing compression garments instead of bras is that I no longer have the risk of my washer being all caught up with a bra wire. Before I wore these I used to put bras in double layers of lingerie bags in order to reduce the wire escapees, but it still wasn't always successful.

If you can see it then get hold of it with the pliers and then gently rotate the drum back and forward by half an inch each direction whilst pulling it. You may have to spend 10 minutes fiddling with it, but 10 minutes may prevent taking your washer to pieces.

Archived