Tories NOT punishing the unemployed.

Looking at the list of available things especially the "Intensive Jobcentre support" part; job centre staff are not trained enough for doing this sort of thing, they barley have any customer service skills.

To top it off, job centres are not nice environments to go to every day, or spend a long time in. The staff are rude, front line staff are all security guards, and a cloud of contempt hangs over the places.

What they should have done is outsource the third one. There are places better equipped with trained staff.

I would hope that the test studies they have done have shown that it is a worthwile exercise and it improves the chances of finding employment.

Voluntary work is something everyone should consider as it has plenty of benefits, although it shouldnt be used as cheap labour to derpive other people of jobs.

Who could possibly argue with further training? Except the quality of that training would have to be decent enough to teach each attendee some new skills that would be useful in the workplace.

So its not the principle of requiring people to do certain things, just it needs to be beneficial and how they implement it will determine that. Implement it poorly then it will just be a waste of money.

Why is it?

Is it not feasible to consider that new jobs come in daily?

Not in my somewhat limited experience. I'd be trying many other avenues before relying on jobcentre plus getting me a job.

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 13:14 ----------

I've been to the one at meetinghouse lane a few times myself.

Some of the people there are scum, it was like a zoo at times.

Indeed. Do you think going there daily will help someone get a job?

The tories doing what they do best, aided and abetted by the likes of the Daily Mail and Telegraph.

No doubt it'll be with a view to suspend benefits.

and hey presto ...

"Those who fail to take part could lose jobless benefits for fixed periods.

Jobseeker's allowance (JSA) can be suspended for four weeks for their first failure, then 13 weeks for a second failure"

Suspension of benefits = employment. No wonder they are keen to say unemployment is falling.

I do, because getting up and going to work everyday will be preferable to being dragged down the job centre every morning.

… and generally growled at and threatened. I reckon most unemployed want to work but there'll be a small minority that don't. That's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. Hitting people like that just teaches them to be uncooperative and resentful which solves nothing and only serves to make things worse for everyone.

I reckon most unemployed want to work

of course, and obviously it's not targeted at them because they wouldn't be out of work for two years.

Hitting people like that just teaches them to be uncooperative and resentful which solves nothing and only serves to make things worse for everyone.

and why not?

Why should the lazy sods get away with a soft life??

It's time someone made their life hard, if they don't want to contribute anything, don't want to work and live on hand-outs then they can damn well suffer for it.

of course, and obviously it's not targeted at them because they wouldn't be out of work for two years.

and why not?

It's time someone made their life hard, if they don't want to contribute anything, don't want to work and live on hand-outs then they can damn well suffer for it.

I reckon that, seeing as the workers seem to despise the unemployed, that workers should have their hours cut to, say, 25/30 a week, and give the unemployed the cut hours.

That way, the current lack of available work for the unemployed (due to greedy workers hogging them all) will cease to be an issue, and, the unemployed can get in their 25/30 hours of work a week.

and why not?

I told you why not

Archived