Tories NOT punishing the unemployed.

No-ones out to thrash the disabled are they??

A person who cannot work through ill health and a person who is fit and chooses not to work are two completely different cases and should not be mixed up.

The way the disabled review was completely botched is a travesty IMO.

No they shouldn't be mixed up, but unfortunately those with disabilities are often hounded by the DWP and their agents into work (and some tragically died shortly afterwards), many unemployed want to work but struggle. As I posted earlier the DWP is in disarray, and yes there are a small minority of people that don't want to work and skive.

However it must be acknowledged that the majority are genuine people like our poster above, who feel tarnished and stigmatised by the nastiness of the political 'debate'

I hope all the people who think the way the unemployed are treated is acceptable, are prepared to be treated the same way in the not too distant future.

No job is safe, and a further 30% of jobs are forecast to disappear by 2030 thanks to computers and new technology.

However it must be acknowledged that the majority are genuine people like our poster above, who feel tarnished and stigmatised by the nastiness of the political 'debate'

Yep, a bad problem was made worse by those morons at A4E, couldn't have picked a worse company to do the job :rant::rant:

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 14:31 ----------

I hope all the people who think the way the unemployed are treated is acceptable, are prepared to be treated the same way in the not too distant future.

If I spend two years sat on my arse because I 'couldn't be bothered' then yes I would.

They don't. And it's easier to do research and look yourself at home. They don't have access to even half the jobs that are out there!!

How exactly? Aren't these unemployed people supposed to be poor with no computers or internet access or money for newspapers?

How exactly? Aren't these unemployed people supposed to be poor with no computers or internet access or money for newspapers?

You're confusing unemployed people with poor people.

I signed on a couple of times, but I wasn't poor. I was made redundant and got a pay off. I could have lived off my money for 6/7months, but I went straight to the job centre.

No job is safe, and a further 30% of jobs are forecast to disappear by 2030 thanks to computers and new technology.

That's the thing with the rightwingers, nobody is allowed to draw from the public purse unless it's them. The country is full of 10 bob millionaires that preach rubbish like that and seem to conveniently forget they claimed benefits at some point in their lives, got free university education or benefitted from the NHS and may such services again at some point.

Free internet access at Librarys isn't there??

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 15:20 ----------

ten bob millionaires that preach rubbish like that and seem to conveniently forget they claimed benefits at some point in their lives

I've signed on before, it is your right if you are unemployed to claim JSA.

I didn't sit on my arse for over 2 years sponging off the dole tho, there's quite a difference - you do know that right??

Not entirely sure what it's all got to do with people not living within their means either??

or do you just think everyone that does not share your view is a 'ten bob millionaire' ??

Free internet access at Librarys isn't there??

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 15:20 ----------

I've signed on before, it is your right if you are unemployed to claim JSA.

I didn't sit on my arse for over 2 years sponging off the dole tho, there's quite a difference - you do know that right??

Not entirely sure what it's all got to do with people not living within their means either??

or do you just think everyone that does not share your view is a 'ten bob millionaire' ??

me me me Why don't you try and tar everyone with the same brush?

I spent 8 years on incapacity benefit after a nervous breakdown, I hated myself and hated being around people, i went into therapy and learned coping methods. at first I coped with being away from work, then i started to hate being stuck at home all the time alone. When I was assessed I was told I could look for work. It was a shock but I made the choice not to contest that judgement. It was hard losing 30% of my benefits by going onto JSA,

The DWP put me onto volunteering I started at Heeley City Farm, where I started being around people and in a friendly work environment. it gave me a lot of confidence that i had lost. I went on training schemes and looked for jobs which never turned up, I was getting turned down by Lidl and Aldi. I joined a couple of Agencies and went on a back to work scheme with the NHS in 2012. Nothing good came out of that and for the entirety of 2013 I got into a rut and my esteem began to drop.

Then luckily in 2014 my agency offered me work with the NHS, it was full time work and lasted till April. It was great having some money and being able to work in a worthwhile profession. I got further lucky by being given a job by the NHS. I start work in May.

I know what its like to be looked down on, I stopped coming to this site because of some of the things being said by people about people on benefits, I felt like a parasite at times, even though my money went on nothing but food and utilities. Looking for work is hard and finding a worthwhile job is even harder, I once did a days agency work in a magazine packing plant, 12 hour shifts with two twenty min breaks for min wage, it threw my back out and made me realise I can't do the work I did as a young man.

I count myself extremely lucky now Im doing something I like.

i think that nothing can top this post. great news for a change,

still people will find ways to tear into you so don't take any notice....

there really is no more to say

Archived