Tory think tank recommends drug legalisation

Legalieing it as been proven to increase use amongst all groups including children, so the question is why would you want society and especially children to use more drugs?

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 12:45 ----------

A bizarre statement deserves a bizarre response.

I've asked you this in a previous thread on the same subject, have you got evidence that legalising drugs increases the use in children? If so, please link me the evidence, thank you!

And all your evidence is concrete!? :|

Not at all, it is just a different point of view, I am convinced by the evidence I have read that supports my position on drugs, you are convinced that the evidence you have read supports you stance of drugs, the difference between us is that you feel the need to verbally abuse me because I don't share your opinion.

Mafia groups limited their activities to prostitution, gambling, and theft until 1920. In a study of more than thirty major U.S cities during the Prohibition years of 1920 and 1921, the number of crimes increased by 24 percent.

It's impossible to measure the illegal intake of alcohol.

Also, the aristocracy stockpiled massive amounts of alcohol for legal home consumption.

So you agree then that criminals will be criminals no matter what you legalise, legalise drugs and cut off their supply of money and they will just do something else that is illegal to make money, maybe increase their prostitution activities, burgle more people, sell more weapons, turn to abductions and ransom demands, counterfeit more alcohol and tobacco, the list of illegal activities they can turn to is endless.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 12:57 ----------

I've asked you this in a previous thread on the same subject, have you got evidence that legalising drugs increases the use in children? If so, please link me the evidence, thank you!

You have already dismissed the evidence and links that I supplied, so there is little point in me supplying more. You have your opinion which is clearly not going to change and I have my opinion which will only change when you can prove that drugs legalisation doesn't cause an increase in use.

So you agree then that criminals will be criminals no matter what you legalise, legalise drugs and cut off their supply of money and they will just do something else that is illegal to make money, maybe increase their prostitution activities, burgle more people, sell more weapons, turn to abductions and ransom demands, counterfeit more alcohol and tobacco, the list of illegal activities they can turn to is endless.

Prostitution should be legal all over the world too. I don't think a billion pound industry is going to turn to burgling people if drugs are legalised?! They may sell more weapons. But with the war on drugs over, there's one less use for those weapons. Ransom demands??? They may try and sell more counterfeit goods, but the majority of us will still go to the shops.

You have already dismissed the evidence and links that I supplied, so there is little point in me supplying more. You have your opinion which is clearly not going to change and I have my opinion which will only change when you can prove that drugs legalisation doesn't cause an increase in use.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/evaluating-drug-decriminalization-in-portugal-12-years-later-a-891060-2.html

This article doesn't say usage has increased in Portugal. It says the number of adult users has increased, but the number of teenage users has fallen.

Prostitution should be legal all over the world too. I don't think a billion pound industry is going to turn to burgling people if drugs are legalised?! They may sell more weapons. But with the war on drugs over, there's one less use for those weapons. Ransom demands??? They may try and sell more counterfeit goods, but the majority of us will still go to the shops.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/evaluating-drug-decriminalization-in-portugal-12-years-later-a-891060-2.html

This article doesn't say usage has increased in Portugal. It says the number of adult users has increased, but the number of teenage users has fallen.

Drugs aren't legal in Portugal, not even cannabis is legal.

Not at all, it is just a different point of view, I am convinced by the evidence I have read that supports my position on drugs, you are convinced that the evidence you have read supports you stance of drugs, the difference between us is that you feel the need to verbally abuse me because I don't share your opinion.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 12:57 ----------

I think you are confusing me with someone else, I haven't dismissed your evidence apart from one local news report which you claimed was scientific proof cannabis makes you hallucinate and kill people, when in fact there was no evidence to suggest that.

Sorry, but that's not how it works, I haven't claimed it doesn't increase usage, you however have claimed it increases the use in children, so I am asking politely for you to provide evidence to your claim.

Of course criminals will likely move onto to other crimes if drugs are legalised.

Once buyers can purchase better quality cannabis (i.e. of regulated purity and without the added bulking toxins) cheaper than the impure stuff sold by the criminals, clearly the criminals will have to move on to other things.

That's kind of the point- legalising drugs cuts drug crime.

Bear in mind though, that 'moving into' prostitution/weapons/violence isn't straightforward- other criminals tend to have them well covered already, and don't much appreciate new competitors.

I think you are confusing me with someone else, I haven't dismissed your evidence apart from one local news report which you claimed was scientific proof cannabis makes you hallucinate and kill people, when in fact there was no evidence to suggest that.

Sorry, but that's not how it works, I haven't claimed it doesn't increase usage, you however have claimed it increases the use in children, so I am asking politely for you to provide evidence to your claim.

Then I suggest you read the links I provided.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 19:20 ----------

Of course criminals will likely move onto to other crimes if drugs are legalised.

Once buyers can purchase better quality cannabis (i.e. of regulated purity and without the added bulking toxins) cheaper than the impure stuff sold by the criminals, clearly the criminals will have to move on to other things.

That's kind of the point- legalising drugs cuts drug crime.

Bear in mind though, that 'moving into' prostitution/weapons/violence isn't straightforward- other criminals tend to have them well covered already, and don't much appreciate new competitors.

Then its not in my interest to support legalisation, drug pushers have no affect on my life, but I they decide to move into other criminal activities they might.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 19:23 ----------

I didn't say they were.

Then stop using Portugal as an example of what can happen when drugs are legalised, the reduction in Portuguese users is down to increased support for drug users.

Edited by ivanava