Tory think tank recommends drug legalisation

There you go. Proof that you just take people's word for it without any scientific evidence.

I've smoked weed, used LSD, taken magic mushrooms, and eaten cannabis like the man in this story. I've never hallucinated from using these drugs.

The real killer in this story is the gun that the mentally ill man shouldn't have had access to in the first place!

In is drug induced state he would have probably used a kitchen knife if he didn't have a gun, but based on your idea that because you haven't killed anyone whilst high it must mean drugs can't be to blame for his actions, it must follow that because most gun owners having killed anyone guns also can't be a problem.

The why I look at it is that the more drug use there is the more problems they will cause, much like more alcohol consumption means more alcohol related problems and the more guns there are the more gun related problems there are.

In is drug induced state he would have probably used a kitchen knife if he didn't have a gun, but based on your idea that because you haven't killed anyone whilst high it must mean drugs can't be to blame for his actions, it must follow that because most gun owners having killed anyone guns also can't be a problem.

The why I look at it is that the more drug use there is the more problems they will cause, much like more alcohol consumption means more alcohol related problems and the more guns there are the more gun related problems there are.

Drugs don't make people killers. :roll:

Drugs don't make people killers. :roll:

So you think that everyone person that has killed someone whilst high on drugs or drunk would have killed them anyway?

And does that include the drunk and high motorists.

So you think that everyone person that has killed someone whilst high on drugs or drunk would have killed them anyway?

And does that include the drunk and high motorists.

We're talking about murders here, not idiots who think they can drive whilst intoxicated.

I think some people will kill anyway, regardless of their drug use. Some might use the altered state of mind as a catalyst for their actions. But one thing I'm 100% sure of (feel free to take my word for it), is that a sound minded individual will not take drugs and suddenly decide that he or she is going to kill someone.

• 1 year later...
Only strengthens the argument for legalisation.

Absolutely - my kids are coming up to that age where they are likely to be experimenting. So much better if they took something they knew what is was.

Better if they didn't take anything, but the statistics are against that.

Absolutely - my kids are coming up to that age where they are likely to be experimenting. So much better if they took something they knew what is was.

Better if they didn't take anything, but the statistics are against that.

indeed fella, my kids are now 14 / 16 i started dabbling at 18, drinking at 15/16 lol (gateway drug? :P )

all these deaths are generally caused by "bad" batches, ie:- you dont know what youre ingesting, and its wholly down to being in criminal hands (people who only care about the profit, not the life) and thats wholly down to one thing, being illegal

indeed fella, my kids are now 14 / 16 i started dabbling at 18, drinking at 15/16 lol (gateway drug? :P )

all these deaths are generally caused by "bad" batches, ie:- you dont know what youre ingesting, and its wholly down to being in criminal hands (people who only care about the profit, not the life) and thats wholly down to one thing, being illegal

I couldn't agree with you more. It is very worrying. Not just for my kids, but for all their lovely friends they grown up with.

Some of them, if not all, will take substances. It is so obvious to me that they should be regulated and legalised.

I cant see a government of any colour doing though - they risk being labelled by those who cannot see past their noses as "soft on drugs". The daily mail would be hounding them personally and making their life a misery.

That was the labour government.

Labour did Civil partnerships (Civil Partnership Act 2004). Gay marriage was introduced in 2013.

The legislation to allow same-sex marriage in England and Wales was passed by the Parliament of the United Kingdom in July 2013 and came into force on 13 March 2014, and the first same-sex marriages took place on 29 March 2014.

[LINK]

Now I'm pretty sure Labour was out of office in 2013 but please feel free to correct me about that.

Another pipe dream promise. Didn't this or the last Government get advise to legalise drugs and then ignore the advise they commissioned ?

That's why it's called advice.

advice

noun

an opinion that someone offers you about what you should do or how you should act in a particular situation

[source: Cambridge Dictionaries Online]

Please let me know if you are unsure of the definition of "opinion". I'm here to help.