Tory think tank recommends drug legalisation

They are also showing how out of touch they are, assuming that only young and ethnic-minority voters take drugs.

You're showing how out of touch you are by assuming only drug takers want legalisation.

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 13:06 ----------

It will happen though, there's a gradually growing body of public opinion, supported by evidence, and eventually it will be changed, with whoever does it saying "I don't know why this wasn't done years ago".

There's growing international pressure too. People tend to forget about all the innocent blood spilt in the manufacturing countries.

Study from factual (slow but progressive and ongoing-) legalisation in the US suggests that this would tend to improve things indeed.

And I'm generally in agreement.

Disclaimer: for many, many years, and until not that long ago truth be told, I used to be worse than the average Daily Fail reader about drugs and drug users. I've let empirical and probative studies change my mind. About pot at least ;):D

Edited by L00b

Disclaimer: for many, many years, and until not that long ago truth be told, I used to be worse than the average Daily Fail reader about drugs and drug users. I've let empirical and probative studies change my mind. About pot at least ;):D

Edited by Bonzo77

I don't think they have said that it is ONLY young and EM voters.

I think they are correct though - there is very little point in fighting an unwinnable war.

That would depend on the consequences of not fighting, sometimes stalemate is all you can hope for.

Study from factual (slow but progressive and ongoing-) legalisation in the US suggests that this would tend to improve things indeed.

Something we can all aspire to, allowing evidence to change our opinions. It's sometimes difficult to accept that we've been wrong.

It's odd that the writer would link the fall in crime with the legalisation of marijuana, when crime as been falling for some time across America and as fallen in states that haven't legalised marijuana.

Crime rate in England and Wales fell 15% in 2013 despite the fact we haven't made marijuana legal.

It's odd that the writer would link the fall in crime with the legalisation of marijuana, when crime as been falling for some time across America and as fallen in states that haven't legalised marijuana.

Crime rate in England and Wales fell 15% in 2013 despite the fact we haven't made marijuana legal.

No body cares what you think anyway. That was made clear from the cannabis thread!