Tory think tank recommends drug legalisation

Yes it's working, because it keeps the number of users lower than it would be if they were legal, and yes American prohibition succeeded in lowering consumption which resulted in fewer alcohol related diseases.

And you are happy that it is in the hands of criminals, we've got that from all your posts.

Perhaps Smithy is a drugs baron and, therefore, wishes to maintain the status quo.

Well, I deduced the other day that s/he wasn't retarded, when I considered how good their English is. I think that was reasonable logic, so there has to be something.

Could be this bold ^

I was once chatting to some random [smoking] people in the pub (2-3 years ago), and this topic came about, and when I mentioned legalising/decrim, I was quite shocked at the reaction to me. They were utterly opposed to me [to put it mildly].

The reason became clear when someone filled me in later on :hihi:

Edited by *_ash_*

They are not as different as you think.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19817067

It would be reasonable to regard the hallucinations as exercising a causative role in the development of delusions.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11920-006-0021-3#page-1

Hallucination may play a primary causative role in the genesis of delusions.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-connection-between-delusions-and-hallucinations.htm

There are many connections between delusions and hallucinations.

https://www.sane.org/information/factsheets-podcasts/547-cannabis-and-psychotic-illness

Use of Cannabis can cause a condition called drug-induced psychosis.

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/psychosis-diagnosis-and-management

Symptoms include delusions and hallucinations

:hihi:

Well at least we're keeping you busy.

Where is your evidence for this?

All the evidence I've seen suggests that precisely the opposite is true.

Yes I have seen those dodgy websites as well.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 09:03 ----------

really? Oo

we dont know those numbers because it aint happened

and prohibition didnt work because mobsters got involved, moonshine grew and they got rid of it after a while

Criminal will always get involved in anything that will make them money, just about everything you buy in the shops is also produced by criminals and sold at discount prices. Non of that changes the fact that under American prohibition alcohol consumption declined and resulted in fewer alcohol related health problems. 1930's was also a very different world to the world we have now. Drug, tobacco and alcohol use are all declining in the UK because of out current policies.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 09:05 ----------

And you are happy that it is in the hands of criminals, we've got that from all your posts.

Not at all, but my kids would be less likely to get it from criminals, than a shop that sells it legally. Lots of kids smoke because cigarets are easy to get, but thankfully drug use, tobaco use and alcohol consumption are all declining in the UK especially amongst kids.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 09:06 ----------

Perhaps Smithy is a drugs baron and, therefore, wishes to maintain the status quo.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Thats just shows how desperate you must be for your legal fix.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 09:08 ----------

:hihi:

Well at least we're keeping you busy.

Its nice to have something to do, keeps my drug free but aging brain ticking over.

But the war on drugs isn't a crime, it a sensible policy, what we should be doing is attacking the drug pushers and helping the drug users, the more drug users we help and the more drug pushers we imprison, the better off our society will be.

Yeah, because this method has been proven to work.......:hihi:

Yes I have seen those dodgy websites as well.

And all your evidence is concrete!? :|

Criminal will always get involved in anything that will make them money, just about everything you buy in the shops is also produced by criminals and sold at discount prices. Non of that changes the fact that under American prohibition alcohol consumption declined and resulted in fewer alcohol related health problems. 1930's was also a very different world to the world we have now. Drug, tobacco and alcohol use are all declining in the UK because of out current policies.

Mafia groups limited their activities to prostitution, gambling, and theft until 1920. In a study of more than thirty major U.S cities during the Prohibition years of 1920 and 1921, the number of crimes increased by 24 percent.

It's impossible to measure the illegal intake of alcohol.

Also, the aristocracy stockpiled massive amounts of alcohol for legal home consumption.

Its nice to have something to do, keeps my drug free but aging brain ticking over.

Our loss is society's gain.

And your brain isn't drug free. It's sitting in drug soup - just that the drugs are endogenous rather exogenous.

Yeah, because this method has been proven to work.......:hihi:

Legalieing it as been proven to increase use amongst all groups including children, so the question is why would you want society and especially children to use more drugs?

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 12:45 ----------

Yup. Bizarre response as usual.

Get help.

A bizarre statement deserves a bizarre response.